log in or register to remove this ad

 

4E DDXP 4E Rules Appendix

keterys

First Post
Apparently this wasn't posted - this was given to me by another player, who supposedly scanned it in from a handout his GM gave him and that he scanned in. It appears to be a 5 page rules appendix from the first preview module.

These aren't exactly what I'd call revolutionary rules scoops, but hey, someone will probably care. The most useful is probably the skill list at the end.

If WotC doesn't want this up for any reason (and I have no idea why you'd care), just let me know and it'll be done.
 

Attachments

  • Scalegloom Rules1.JPG
    Scalegloom Rules1.JPG
    284.5 KB · Views: 5,056
  • Scalegloom Rules2.JPG
    Scalegloom Rules2.JPG
    290.7 KB · Views: 4,395
  • Scalegloom Rules3.JPG
    Scalegloom Rules3.JPG
    279.7 KB · Views: 4,206
  • Scalegloom Rules4.JPG
    Scalegloom Rules4.JPG
    268.5 KB · Views: 4,185
  • Scalegloom Rules5.JPG
    Scalegloom Rules5.JPG
    291.5 KB · Views: 4,280

log in or register to remove this ad






fafhrd

First Post
Methos of Aundair said:
Other than gaining the ability to use certain powers, does being "bloodied" affect your pc or creature in any way?
Some things gain powers against you. Other than that, no.
 

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
If anyone happens to have the entire Scalegloom or Escape from Sembia scanned, please shoot me a link at mformoniker at gmail dot com. :)

Cheers,
d.
 

breschau

First Post
Moniker said:
If anyone happens to have the entire Scalegloom or Escape from Sembia scanned, please shoot me a link at mformoniker at gmail dot com. :)

Cheers,
d.

Or just be courteous enough to post them here.
 

Stalker0

Legend
So we have learned several new things from this document:

1) There is still a surprise round.

2) Forced movement does NOT provoke opportunity attacks.

3) It mentions under action points that they are "most commonly" used to grant extra actions. That indicates there may be some additional things you can do with them.

4) The heal skill can apparently grant saving throws. Its possible you might be able to use heal to pull a man out from stunned, etc.

5) There is a direct order to actions. Ongoing damage occurs before regeneration. An extra action from your action point comes AFTER your regular actions (important if you have that feat that gives you +3 to attack rolls on action point actions).
 

breschau

First Post
Stalker0 said:
So we have learned several new things from this document:

1) There is still a surprise round.

2) Forced movement does NOT provoke opportunity attacks.

3) It mentions under action points that they are "most commonly" used to grant extra actions. That indicates there may be some additional things you can do with them.

4) The heal skill can apparently grant saving throws. Its possible you might be able to use heal to pull a man out from stunned, etc.

5) There is a direct order to actions. Ongoing damage occurs before regeneration. An extra action from your action point comes AFTER your regular actions (important if you have that feat that gives you +3 to attack rolls on action point actions).

6) 0 hp means you're dying. Negative bloodied means you're dead. (We knew the three failed saves after 0 hp meant death.

7) Quickie skills descriptions.

8) 1st-3rd level skill checks are DC15 for easy, DC20 for moderate, DC25 for hard.

9) Complete skills list.
 


Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
So this clarifies that there is no condition of being "stable but below 0hp" then?

Like in 3e if you roll your 10% and you are on -7 you remain at -7 but you are stable and don't die any more.

But in 4e, unless you roll the 20 to recover back up to 1/4hp immediately, making a 10-19 on your dying save just means 'not dead yet', and there is no other way to stabilise?

I've not quite grasped it yet, but it seems to me that there will be a lot more dead characters around than I'm used to seeing, one way or another!

Cheers
 

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Plane Sailing said:
But in 4e, unless you roll the 20 to recover back up to 1/4hp immediately, making a 10-19 on your dying save just means 'not dead yet', and there is no other way to stabilise?

That seems to be the case.
 

keterys

First Post
If you've already used second wind, 20 doesn't help you.

And a Heal check would stabilize you, but not bring you back up (cause it uses second wind as well)
 

Saishu_Heiki

First Post
The benefit is that there is no "healed but still negative" situation. If I am at -7 and someone hits me with a Cure Minor Wounds, I am at 1... not -6.

More efficient healing, but that healing (or use of the heal skill) is required because the dying has only a 5% chance to recover independently.
 

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Saishu_Heiki said:
The benefit is that there is no "healed but still negative" situation. If I am at -7 and someone hits me with a Cure Minor Wounds, I am at 1... not -6.

I'm not seeing that as a benefit!

You can't have someone who is severely injured and has to be carried out of there - if he has used up all his healing surges he is mathematically extremely unlikely to last the five minutes for a short rest!
 

Saishu_Heiki

First Post
I never said it was a good benefit. :)

My question is whether the death save is a true saving throw. If so, then loading up on skills and feats to improve your saving throws become very important. If not, then character death is a very real (and possibly frequent) concern.
 

RandomCitizenX

First Post
Plane Sailing said:
I'm not seeing that as a benefit!

You can't have someone who is severely injured and has to be carried out of there - if he has used up all his healing surges he is mathematically extremely unlikely to last the five minutes for a short rest!
I think that is what Heal check to stabilize a dying character it for
 

Campbell

Legend
Interesting. Immediate actions are no longer linked to swift minor actions. You get one immediate action per round and it cannot be used on your turn. I guess this means that a young black dragon who is brought to bloodied by an opportunity attack that occurs on his turn cannot use his breath weapon. I'm not sure how I feel about this. 4e will definitely require some amount of relearning.
 

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top