Dead Legends

Jemal

Adventurer
As the legends close in, Kayla floats overtop of the unconscious beast. "I haven't the ability to keep this thing dead, but I may have another solution for keeping it at bay for now." She concentrates for a moment, using her powers to try turning the now-helpless beast into stone.

[sblock=ooc]
I have flesh to stone at will, so I'm gonna try it out [/sblock]

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
Overwhelmed by its attackers, the Tarrasque is finally halted for good having its skin turned into stone. The statue of the once fierce beast sticks out of the plains like a new monument, signifying the strength of the legends.

Shayuri

First Post
Omega stares down at the titanic terror turtle for a moment, then looks at the hovering bard. Perhaps it was capable of being impressed. Perhaps it was merely jotting down additional information in the little file it kept in its mind on each of them. Its face gives nothing away.

"I have no knowledge of a creature matching these characteristics," it reported after a moment. "Its appearance is consistent with each of your appearances, but inconsistent with reality as I remember. Conclusion, something is altering reality in this vicinity. Source: unknown. Limits: unknown. Location: unknown."

Jemal

Adventurer
Kayla landed on the back of the statue and looked at the other legends "Well, that was easier than expected, now all we need to do is figure out who's sent us all here, and why - And probably kick their butt. Lets head back to the village to see what else came through. But first, I'm going to bury this thing so it doesn't get freed."

Kayla begins another song, and the earth beneath the beast shifts and moves, absorbing the tarrasque down deeper and deeper, until the earth flows overtop, concealing it from view.

[sblock=ooc]
use excavate/stone shape/move earth (All are at-will abilities for me) to slowly lower the tarrasque into a huge hole, then burry it.[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Ishasha is miffed. She is used to being the fastest and deadliest and her new associates had dispatched one of the deadliest creatures on the planet before she could even reach it.

Sheathing her scimitars, she trots after the others as they head back to the village.

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
He watched through the mirror as the legends tore into the tarrasque with no mercy and with great ease. "Good!" he yelled to nobody in particular, these were the ones worth testing his first creation on. The ones who could fell the beast of beasts, the walking natural disaster. Of course, it could not compare to any of his creations. Though it did have potential. Maybe it was worth looking into...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the legends were about to depart, the ground beneath the Tarrasque began to shift and a whirlpool appeared in the dirt. The statue of the Tarrasque started it's decent into the earth. At around the same time, a geyser of rocks erupted next to Ishasha as a enormous worm with wings rocketed into the sky. Stopping 50 ft in the air, the purple monster turned back to the legends and roared with all its might.

[sblock=OOC]
alrighty, lets get a new initiative and roll get right into this. Knowledge Arcana checks if people would please, as well as Knowledge Planes. [/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
"Something is watching us, this is a trap!"

[sblock=ooc/combat]
Could we get a map or rough idea of where everybody is in relation to each other and the worm?

Initiative 25, Know: Arcana 73 (Using collector of stories trick), Bardic knowledge: 36

Senses: Low lightx4, Darkvision 300', half distance penalties for spot, 150' blindsense
AC: 60 HP: 382
Other Defenses:
Energy resist 10 All Elements, Magic Circle vs evil, Evasion,
Immunities: Disease, Poison, Wounding
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Albedo

First Post
"A trap huh? Looks like things are about to get interesting." Dizzy cracked her knuckles as she readied for the next battle.

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
Dizzy was able to discern that the worm was a modified and unusually large purple worm. In addition she could tell that there was some kind of planar anomoly originating in the creatures mouth. It could even be some kind of portal.

Kayla's extensive knowledge revealed to her a very important fact. The monster in front of her was NOT a purple worm. But despite that, it did hold a strong resemblance to a fully grown purple worm. There was definatly a draconic feature about it as well, possibly some draconic heritage mixed in. What kind of dragon it might be was a mystery however.

Jemal

Adventurer
"Don't be fooled by it's appearance, it's not a Purple Worm.. In fact, I'm seeing signs of Draconic features." Kayla telepathically warns everybody as she readies for the fight.
[sblock=ooc]
Dear god tell me that's not a purple dragon! I remember those things from 2nd ed, and they were nasty. I'm hoping just some sort of monstrous planar wormything with half-dragon for the wings.

Anyways, I'll be at work for the next ~10 hours, if my turn comes up Kayla'll toss up an Extended Shield and try to stay ~ 100' from the beast. [/sblock]

Remove ads