Dead Legends

Shayuri

First Post
Omega follows the new menace with its gaze as the creature rears into the sky. The bard's revelations of its nature are not particularly relevant. Omega was not designed with complicated tactics in mind. Powerful defense and overwhelming attacks were its preference. The combination worked well in most situations, though when it failed it tended to fail catastrophically.

It was working on that.

"Engaging antivisual field."

The construct rippled and faded from sight.

ghostcat

First Post
Ishasha jumps to one side as the "worm" bursts out of the ground near her. Re-drawing her weapons by reflex. Whispering a command word she rises off the ground to within 10' of the worm.

[sblock=Actions]Draw weapons, activate winged boots and fly up to the worm[/sblock]

Albedo

First Post
"Guess I'll start things off again. Hopefully this thing will be more of a challenge!" Dizzy dives at the worm, throwing caution to the wind.

[sblock=OOC]
Dizzy will charge the Tarrasque and pounce it. For record keeping, the last d6 will always be the cold damage.

Full Attack:
Gore (Primary) x2: Attack+57 = +14 BAB + 5 Epic BAB + 21 Str + 7 Enhancement + 1 Haste + 3 Profane + 4 Ability Focus + 2 Charge/Damage 1d8+45+1d6 Cold = +34 Str + 7 Enhancement + 4 Ability Focus + 1d6 Cold
Claws x2: Attack +58 = +20 BAB + 5 Epic BAB - 5 Secondary + 21 Str + 7 Enhancement + 1 Haste + 3 Profane + 4 Ability Focus + 2 Charge/Damage 2d6+22+1d6 Cold = +11 Str + 7 Enhancement + 4 Ability Focus + 1d6 Cold
Wings: Attack +58 = +20 BAB + 5 Epic BAB - 5 Secondary + 21 Str + 7 Enhancement + 1 Haste + 3 Profane + 4 Ability Focus + 2 Charge/Damage 2d6+22+1d6 Cold = +11 Str + 7 Enhancement + 4 Ability Focus + 1d6 Cold
Bite: Attack +56 = +14 BAB + 5 Epic BAB - 2 Secondary + 21 Str + 7 Enhancement + 1 Haste + 3 Profane + 4 Ability Focus + 2 Charge/Damage 2d8+22+1d6 Cold = +11 Str + 7 Enhancement + 4 Ability Focus + 1d6 Cold

If the first attack hits, the Worm needs a DC 40 will save or be stunned for 1 round. For every hit, the Worm needs a DC 39 will save or be slowed for 3 rounds. [/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Ishasha has never tried to use the dance of death in the air before. However, her boots seem to give her a stable platform so she starts her dance as if she was on firm ground.

Starting 10' from the worm, Ishasha starts to stamp her feet and spin on the spot before moving into the worm. She them performs twin attacks with her scimitars before moving 5' down the worm and repeating the attacks, all the while spinning. After a total of four attacks, she moves 20' away from the worm.

[sblock=Actions]Dervish Dance:Move 10'-Attack 1-Move 5'-Attack 2-Move 5'-Attack 3-Move 5'-Attack 4-Move 20'. Total move = 45.

Attacks: Base Scimitar attack (+45/+40/+35/+30) -2 [TWF] +5 [Dervish Dance] = +48/+43/+38/+33

Damage Per Attack: Base = 1d6+5 +5 [dervish Dance] +1d6[Flaming/Shock]

I don't believe that Skirmish applies to the worm due to The extra damage only applies against living creatures that have a discernibly anatomy.[/sblock][sblock=OOC]I separated out the Flaming and Shock damage from the swords, so that you can decide what resistances the monster has.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Kayla chanels the power of her voice, and then lets out a heavy metal Scream, a line of energy spring forth from her to strike the beast, followed by a translucent orb.

[sblock=ooc]
Swift action: Cast Quickened Arcane Fusion (Using Rod to quicken) to cast Targeting Ray and Energy Orb (Using mastery of elements to turn into Sonic).
Targeting ray fires first, to give energy orb the attack bonus if it hits.
Expending 4 points of Improvisation on the Targeting Ray to buff atk bonus just in case.
Targeting Ray hits Touch AC 37. If that hits, the Energy Orb AC is 6 higher
Energy Orb Touch AC: 33 (Or 39).

I hate doing this but as I have absolutely no idea how modded this thing is and what defense it has, The rest of my action will depend on how the sonic orb affects it. If it does, I've rolled the Meteor Swarm attack rolls allready and will edit to reflect damage and description
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
Dizzy and Ishasha both tear into the monster, and quickly notice something off about it. While its skin seems to be harder than steel underneath it seems to be a planar anomaly similar to that in its mouth. Some of Dizzy's attacks seem to pass right through the monsters insides, though Ishasha's all feel as if they fully connect. Kayla fires off her spells at the creature, with her both her spells connecting just fine, but the energy orb she fires seems to fizzle out and do nothing.

[sblock=OOC]
Dizzy: Hits with all attacks, planar anomoly disrupts 3 of them and makes them feel as if they deal less damage.

Ishasha: You hit with 4 attacks, and crit twice. 1 of Your attacks is subject to the anomaly. In addition, you feel as if your elemental damage did not affect the creature.

Kayla: Your targetting ray goes off successfully, however your energy orb did not beat the creatures SR. Your ray rolled a 46 on the check, your orb rolled a 32.

Omega: You're up. [/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Omega aims at the new monster and decides to hedge its bets. Its left arm reconfigures to a slightly different-looking type of weapon, though still similar to the other arm's appearance. Both weapons fire blasts of magical energy as well...but while one fires the strange violet fire that sticks and burns, the left one is now firing a blast of pure magical energy...perhaps testing its arcane defenses.

(OOC - Taking full attack to fire 2 eldritch blasts. First is Vitriolic, immune to SR but does acid damage. Second is a standard EB that does untyped damage, but is subject to Spell Resistance. Also, if the beast has spellcasting or spell like abilities, Omega can detect that ability plus the highest level spell it can cast, or SLA it has access to, as well as if its powers are divine or arcane)

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
"Oh really?" Kayla grins and sings out another tune, a haunting melody that surrounds her with arcane power before spiking into a crescendo as three motes of blue light fly from her to strike the beast
[sblock=ooc]
Ah.. SR.. OK, well assuming Kayla recognizes why the orb fizzled (Which shouldn't be hard), then I'll forgoe the Meteor swarm for another Arcane Fusion to cast Assay Spell Resistance and Maximized Moonbow(Sonic).
Don't forget Kayla only took her Swift action in my last post, I had been waiting to see what happened for my standard action.
SR check 59 for the Moonbow.
three motes. They hit Touch AC's of 43, 36, 44. First one deals 90, second and third deal 60 All sonic damage. [/sblock]

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Ishasha's attacks turn out not to be as effective as they should be. However, the attacks that succeed lead her to surmise that the monster is actually just a shell over a planer portal. "There is something very peculiar about this thing. Does anything else think that destroying the shell will release an uncontrollable anomaly?" she says.

Remove ads