• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dealing With Wizards

Len

Prodigal Member
magic_gathering2001 said:
1 Is it Possible to attack someones toungue
No, not in the standard rules.

Why not attack the wizard's whole body? It doesn't have all that many HP.

Infiniti2000

First Post
1. No.
2&3. N/A.

It is possible, however, to grapple and pin a spellcaster and keep their mouth closed. They have to break the pin to be able to speak again.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Consider that if you can attack the spellcaster's tongue, he's likely to try to magic missile your hand, preventing you from attacking his tongue in the first place. D&D rules make either action impossible; while there are variant rules allowing for so-called "called shots," I generally think using them is inadvisable in the D&D combat system.

Daniel

There's the Slash Tongue cantrip from BoVD. Although, this doesn't affect the enemy's spellcasting AT ALL....

Then there's Baleful Polymorph. Which is generally much more effective at removing tongues.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
slashing a wizard's tongue is no more "fair" than hiting a warrior's hand to make him drop his weapon and be unable to wield another.

Sejs

First Post
There are no specific hit location rules in the game at this time.

And given how big a pain in the ass GURPS can show crippled limbs to be, count your lucky stars it's the way it is. :p

Last edited:

Warehouse23

First Post
I'd let a PC cut out an opposing wizard's tongue as a CDG-style attack against an incapacitated/bound wizard. I'd even consider house-rules-ing a feat to allow a high-dex character to make a grab for it during combat. Cutting off of tongues is right up there with eye-gouging: one of those gross little techniques which were so ubiquitous in the medieval world, but which most of us would rather not think about.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads