• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DEATH-GO-ROUND TRAP

Theone0581

First Post
So guys, I'm trying to create my own trap and this is what I've got so far.

There a circular room and on the sides of this room there are these lock boxes (amount depends upon party size) and each box. the boxes will not open unless they are opened all at once. When they are all opened at the same time each pc will be entrapped in a small 5x5 room without any exit. The box contains a clue to their release. A chosen PC will have to initiate the first round by doing something to the wall (perhaps an entry of text) and then the wall moves to the next PC that has the writing on it from the previous PC (hence the phrase "Death-Go-Round") when the wall reaches the PC who doesn't enter the correct phase, each PC is stricken by a penalty. When the riddle is answered correctly, the walls are lifted up and the PCs are set free.

Well as you guys have already noticed, this is a work-in-progress trap that I've been thinking of. I need you guys to help me fill in the blanks. Feel free to make your own edits to the trap that I have already though of, just please keep the general idea the same. I want to apply this trap in next weeks game, any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Mordikenn

First Post
It might be helpful to bar extradimensional travel because it sounds like if one PC escaped the others would be trapped, when it got around to his cell and he wasn't there to answer. Alternatively, you could make it a time limit and default to penalty if they didn't answer their riddle within one minute (which is probably the better solution, because it also makes it more nerve-wracking =P )

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads