• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deep Water and Shoals II

dead_radish

Explorer
Malthas arrives following the captain, grinning happily, and singing along when he can. He is a bit wobbly, but careful examination will note that his steps are steady, and his grace has not left him. As he steps on board, he grins happily at Malachai, and instantly recognizes the look on his friend's face. His grins get significantly wider, and as soon as the captain is in his bunk, Malthas scampers back out (highly reminscient of Artimus, actually), and comes up to Malachai. "You're planning something, aren't you? I can see the rigging creak in your head as the sails blow. If there's entertainment to be had, be sure you write in a part for yer old buddy Malthas, eh?" He winks, slaps Malachai on the (almost) back, and sits down on the dock, whistling happily to himself.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
kenjib said:
"Malachai, I've got Mr. Lang's permission. The story is that we won them gambling from a local drunken merchant, and the new hands need to know this first thing when they show up in the morning, before anyone else gets a chance to talk to them. He wants a dozen hands though. Is it too late to find your new friend and have him rustle up a few more hands? I don't see them on the dock here."

"Dozen?" Malachi scowls regretting that he sent them off so soon and with such a limited call "dhe go get dhems famlies. Mebbe dozen , ah dunno.

Damn mebbe me go doan Slave quarter fin' more?"

Looking up he sees the Ships Mage come by and offer his own help too. Malachi looks up and nods his thanks to the dwarf mage.
"can use any gud mon wit' a mind fer freedom" the half-orc answers hoping that more heads can come up with a good answer to the dillema they now have before them.

Seeing Malthas come by too h feels a lot more confident that this is at least not going to turn bad too soon...

kenjib

First Post
"Okay Malthas, Nico, if anyone asks, we headed back to that rathole from the other night and gambled with a local merchant to win the slaves. That will explain our absence from the ship tonight."

Bob Aberton

First Post
Malachi, Nicodemus, & Vemuz (assuming you went to the slaves quarters, which I presume you did),

The Auction House is easily the biggest building in Standishtown, bigger even than the meetinghouse. With its ramparts and barred windows, it is easy to mistake it for a prison, and a prison it is. But this prison holds those whose only crime was to appear different from "good" folk.

The only sign of life that you can see is a pair of second rate night watchmen, sharing a flask and throwing dice on the front steps of the Auction House.

Malthas, & Jonah,

After a short time below, Mr. Lang comes on deck again.

"Mr. Thriceborn! Mr....? Mr. Swifthand, do you know where Mr. Thriceborn has gone? I need to speak to him about overhauling the maintopmast shrouds."

(OOC Nicodemus: Edit; that better? :) )

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Bob Aberton said:
Malachi & Vemuz (assuming you went to the slaves quarters, which I presume you did),

The Auction House is easily the biggest building in Standishtown, bigger even than the meetinghouse. With its ramparts and barred windows, it is easy to mistake it for a prison, and a prison it is. But this prison holds those whose only crime was to appear different from "good" folk.

The only sign of life that you can see is a pair of second rate night watchmen, sharing a flask and throwing dice on the front steps of the Auction House.

Malthas, Nicodemus, & Jonah,

After a short time below, Mr. Lang comes on deck again.

"Mr. Thriceborn! Mr....? Mr. Swifthand, do you know where Mr. Thriceborn has gone? I need to speak to him about overhauling the maintopmast shrouds."

I went along to liberate Slaves, taking my bag of scrolls as well...
Aha, now we are Pirates!! ARGH!!!!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Still standing back in the shadows trying to remain unseen Malachi makes a broad scan of the auction house and surrounding area trying to make out any means of geting pass the two guards unseen.
He looks up at his companions, wishing that his friend Malthas was amongst them a worried frown on his brow "yoos go' teny plans?" he whispers "jes' need t'get word t'dhem inside t' be at t' ship amorrow 'n get back b'for enyone sees"

(ooc Hide check roll 11 + 1 = 12
Spot check roll 18+9+1* = 28 (*Fav Enemy:human)

Last edited:

dead_radish

Explorer
"He mentioned something about going back to a tavern - a game of chance of some sort. He was feeling lucky after the elven encounter, I suspect, and was going to try his luck."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:had to go back and dig my spells out of pg 28 of the other thread,,,Ugh.
< Spells for the Day:
0aze,Detect Magic,Light,Mending
1:Charm Person,Color Spray,Magic Missile,True Strike
2:Alter Self,Detect Thoughts,Invisibility> I had cast Detect Thoughts from mymemorized and Locate Object from a Scroll. so I'm down one spell.

IC:
'Well, Lads, I kin make one o' ye Invisible if'n thatd help.I kin also Charm one of them fellers and make'm think I'm 'is bosom friend. Anything else ta add considerin my Magic?'

Last edited:

kenjib

First Post
"If you just need to talk, how about the windows?" Vemuz keeps watching to see if the guards go on patrol, or there seems to be any other risks involved with approaching one of the windows not near the front entrance.

Remove ads