D&D 5E Defeat Orcus

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I had a party leave Orcus plummeting into the Abyss with his wings disintegrating. I think he was pretty defeated. Could come back, though, like all good villains.

Weiley31

Legend
Just for kicks, the final blow to Kill Orcus MUST be from the Demonbane Sword. No other thing will do if he's fought in Rappan Athuk

Last edited:

My party defeated Orcus' avatar back in 1e, but considering how young we were, it certainly wasn't 100% above board. Always been fond of the goat-headed demon prince, and have been meaning to make up for that slight.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
I just had a frank talk with him about how his people could be so much better if he just stopped being such a girls blouse about the whole 'evil deeds' thing and let them be themselves. He really opened up and we had a good cry and hugged it out. Now he runs a soup kitchen in the Orc Quarter of Waterdeep.

I just had a frank talk with him about how his people could be so much better if he just stopped being such a girls blouse about the whole 'evil deeds' thing and let them be themselves. He really opened up and we had a good cry and hugged it out. Now he runs a soup kitchen in the Orc Quarter of Waterdeep.
Sounds like Disney!
"Oh, I never really meant to be a bad person. I just... had a bad home life."
Or "I'm bad, but that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad."

Luz

Explorer
I don't know...the official version of Orcus summons a bunch of demiliches....
That’s what I was thinking. There are some other truly awful combos - a mummy lord’s Channel Negative Energy legendary action and Orcus’s Creeping Death legendary action have great synergy potential.

Or just summon a swarm of thirty shadows.

In 5e? Never tried it.

In 1e? Oh yeah, Throne of Bloodstone, one of the first Forgotten Realms modules and the highest-level D&D module ever released (for characters level 18 to 100), I've played through it killing Orcus before, 20+ years ago.

Iry

Hero
Orcus can certainly be killed. The real question is how many adventurers, at what level, and what magic items would it take? Most parties could not pull it off.

Remove ads