Deities and Demigods: Bane

catsclaw227

First Post
Great article. My only issue with it is the same one I raised to Mona when they ran the magazines. Having all of the statted monsters/NPCs be high level doesn't do much for most campaigns. It would be GREAT if the demon, devil, fey, god articles had low level adversaries in them in addition to high levels.
Well, it would be great to have a 3PP (like EN Publishing) make a "Cults of ... " or "Churches of ..." series of pdfs. You can provide them, 3 groups per tier, all the way up. With fluff, items, a Paragon Path and maybe some feats done up like the Gladiator article.

Shroomy

Adventurer
Great article. My only issue with it is the same one I raised to Mona when they ran the magazines. Having all of the statted monsters/NPCs be high level doesn't do much for most campaigns. It would be GREAT if the demon, devil, fey, god articles had low level adversaries in them in addition to high levels.

I wouldn't mind a few more lower level opponents, but I do like the higher level monsters. However, to be fair, the Yeenoghu, Beleth, Baphomet and Mual-Tar articles do already include lower tier monsters.

Hawke

Explorer
I wouldn't mind a few more lower level opponents, but I do like the higher level monsters. However, to be fair, the Yeenoghu, Beleth, Baphomet and Mual-Tar articles do already include lower tier monsters.

Why not have TEMPLATES for these articles as well? I mean instead of just having a Heroic-tier Priest of ____, and then one for Paragon and Epic... have 3 levels of templates that can be added to existing monsters.

That way I can go ahead and take some random race or soldier or monster from the MM and apply a certain Deity theme to them. It'd be much more useful to a DM than every article having Level 8 Soldier of _____ when I can take that and apply it to just the exact role/level monster I want.

(Don't mean to have such a negative tone, I hope you don't take it as attacking... it's more excited at this idea than anything! This article is fantastic!)

Last edited:

Cyronax

Explorer
By the way, a quick shout out and thanks to Sean K. Reynolds. Not only did his 3E "Core Beliefs" series inspire me to propose this series to Chris, but when I asked him about it--it felt like the courteous thing to do--Sean was more than cool with me basically picking up "his" series in 4E.

Mouseferatu,

I also really enjoyed this element of your article. Overall it was top-knotch and it really fits well into my new campaign (see sig) below). It really also fits well with the history of paganism in places like the Roman Empire, which involved a lot of plural worship of differing aspects of the same gods.

Anyway, I want more. And if I had my choice, I'd love to see the next treatment given to Ioun and then Raven Queen.

C.I.D.

yesnomu

First Post
This is super-cool, nice work Ari!

I'd like to see these for all the evil gods, their lack of support currently (no CD feats) is annoying. Zehir or Asmodeus next, please!

Remove ads