• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deities & Demigods continued

Posted by Upper Krust:

Deities are immune to acid; cold and electricity. They gain fire resistance 20 + Divine Rank. Sonic resistance must be chosen as a Salient Divine Ability (20 + DR) - see Kord.

Well, it doesn`t make any sense to me, so arbitrary!

Hi there! :)

reiella said:
Quick questions on the ELH/DDg BAB advancement statement (after 20 all BAB progress as Wizards).

I don't really know much but I'll help if I can...

reiella said:
Was wondering if :
1) This was for the first 20 class levels in a given class, or the first 20 character levels (looks like character level from the DDg reference but just asking to make sure).

First 20 levels (total) as far as I know.

Kord 20HD/F20/Bbn20
BAB +40
+22 Str
+5 Enhancement Bonus
+1 Weapon Focus
+4 Divine Weapon Focus
+14 Divine Bonus

Total +86

reiella said:
2) If that's the case, then wouldn't it just be worse off to go Wiz20/Ftr20 than to go Ftr20/Wiz20 (Wizard then to Fighter and Fighter then to Wizard).

For the purposes of BAB then yes, but saves are also affected. All saves above 20 total levels become 'Good' (similar Monk save advancement)

So if you take the Wizard levels first then you will have weak BAB but good Will save, If you take the Fighter first you have good BAB and Fort save etc. (As far as I know - I could be wrong?)

Vaeron

Explorer
Upper_Krust said:

Is it just me, or is Iuz an idiot for carrying about a +3 sword when all Divine beings have Damage Reduction of at least 35/+4!?

True. Especially given that he's battled St. Cuthbert and Vecna's avatars on occasion. It really should be at least +4, every other demigod I've seen detailed so far has a +4 or +5 weapon. In any case, if this is a mistake it's not the only one, Tharizdun's AC values don't come near to equaling out given his listed bonuses.

V

Hi Lord Melkor mate! :)

LordMelkor{Talos} said:
Posted by Upper Krust:

Deities are immune to acid; cold and electricity. They gain fire resistance 20 + Divine Rank. Sonic resistance must be chosen as a Salient Divine Ability (20 + DR) - see Kord.

Well, it doesn`t make any sense to me, so arbitrary!

Seemingly the entire Divine Rank 0 'template' was based on the Solar.

Which is fair enough I suppose.

AmerginLiath

Adventurer
Krusty -- what about the BAB one would gain for 20 HD of Outsider? Is that added as the fighter-type BAB progression Outsiders get without class levels, or does that change too, and only the class levels follow standard progression? (normal monster advancement rules suggesting that the Outsider HD BAB adds to the primary class BAB...)

And for a god, is there a hard and fast rule as to which of two or more classes count as the first gained? (I'm converting the Dragonlance pantheon per all the info folks have uncovered, and BAB is the one mechanical biggie I still need to complete...)

Hello mate! :)

AmerginLiath said:
Krusty -- what about the BAB one would gain for 20 HD of Outsider? Is that added as the fighter-type BAB progression Outsiders get without class levels, or does that change too, and only the class levels follow standard progression? (normal monster advancement rules suggesting that the Outsider HD BAB adds to the primary class BAB...)

Well, those born Divine seemingly start with 20HD, whereas those mortals who ascend to Divinity don't gain that 20HD.

AmerginLiath said:
And for a god, is there a hard and fast rule as to which of two or more classes count as the first gained? (I'm converting the Dragonlance pantheon per all the info folks have uncovered, and BAB is the one mechanical biggie I still need to complete...)

Outsider HD is always calculated first for the Divine born.

So Upper Krust, what Hit Dice do you plan to give for diffrent Divinity Levels in IH? Will you add mechanism of Worshipper Points and it expenditure in addition to Divine Ranks?

LordMelkor{Talos} said:
So Upper Krust,

Hello mate! :)

LordMelkor{Talos} said:
what Hit Dice do you plan to give for diffrent Divinity Levels in IH?

Seemingly they don't really corelate Divinity with HD/Levels directly.

In detailing Elder Gods; Overgods and Entities I may advocate HD/Levels in the region of 120; 160 and 240 respectively - but they won't be requisites.

It seems a simple mechanism to assume the Azathoth in CoC (72HD; DR20; CR50) is the Avatar of the 'real' Azathoth...an Overgod (144HD; DR30; CR60*)

*technically CR57 but I am reviewing how I assign CR to Divinity.

LordMelkor{Talos} said:
Will you add mechanism of Worshipper Points and it expenditure in addition to Divine Ranks?

I already have Divine Ranks corelated to Worship Points - it fitted easily with very little change.

Spatula

Explorer
Upper_Krust said:
True, but I think some people wanted to know how to gain/advance in Divine Ranks and also what happens to Ability Scores upon gaining Divine Rank 0. Seemingly they become 24 and grant you +21 to assign on top of your bonus gained through class levels.

What happens if the character used a wish or magic item to raise ability scores prior to Divine Ascension - are those points lost? Are ability score bonuses from levelling prior to Divine Ascension lost?

UK, just wanted to say this is exactly what I was getting at. Thanks.

Is it just me, or is Iuz an idiot for carrying about a +3 sword when all Divine beings have Damage Reduction of at least 35/+4!?

It does seem strange that any diety, especially one with 20 caster levels, would have anything less than a +5 weapon. But I spotted a few obvious mistakes in that Dragon article (incorrect HP, weap. spec. damage bonus not being added in, etc.), so it wouldn't surprise me if it was a misprint.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Krusty just ONE quick question, did you get a chance to use my little contribution for the IM/WPS? Or do you need another copy sent to you? (I've been fiddling around so I was thinking about this today.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads