• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deities & Demigods continued

This is continued from the previous thread:

http://www.enworld.org/messageboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9103

Hi Vaeron! :)

Vaeron said:
Did you see the D&DG web enhancement? It shows diety progression at each level.

Yes, but it doesn't tell you how to get from one level to the next.

Vaeron said:
Attack Bonus is the attack bonus of each class cumulative, plus outsider BAB if applicable, plus strength bonus, plus divine rank.

Actually BAB is different in the Epic (and D&Dg) rules: Standard BAB is only given for the first 20 levels - after that all BAB progression equals Wizard progression.

Vaeron said:
Everything is simply modified by divine rank. Fire resistance is 20+divine rank.

Deities are immune to acid; cold and electricity. They gain fire resistance 20 + Divine Rank. Sonic resistance must be chosen as a Salient Divine Ability (20 + DR) - see Kord.

Vaeron said:
AC scales in a strange way I'm not really sure of.

All deities gain a Divine bonus to AC = Divine Rank; they also gain a Deflection bonus = Cha bonus. All deities with the 20 Outsider HD also gain a Natural Armour bonus of 13 + DR.

Vaeron said:
SR is 32+divine rank for quasi-lesser gods, then leaps up a lot after that (not sure on the details

You can take Extra Spell Resistance as a SDA; this seemingly adds +20 SR.

Vaeron said:
Compare a couple of the given examples in Dragon magazine, the sneak peak and the Web Enhancement and you'll see how easy it actually is to concoct these guys.

True, but I think some people wanted to know how to gain/advance in Divine Ranks and also what happens to Ability Scores upon gaining Divine Rank 0. Seemingly they become 24 and grant you +21 to assign on top of your bonus gained through class levels.

eg.
So what happens to the ability scores of a 20th-level Fighter who gains Divine Rank 0? Lets use the example from the DMG pg.52

If stats are Str 20*; Dex 13; Con 14; Int 10; Wis 12; Cha 8

*All points assigned to Str.

Do they all just become 24 and allow +21 points to be allocated?

What happens if the character used a wish or magic item to raise ability scores prior to Divine Ascension - are those points lost? Are ability score bonuses from levelling prior to Divine Ascension lost?

One last point

Is it just me, or is Iuz an idiot for carrying about a +3 sword when all Divine beings have Damage Reduction of at least 35/+4!?

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Upper_Krust said:

One last point

Is it just me, or is Iuz an idiot for carrying about a +3 sword when all Divine beings have Damage Reduction of at least 35/+4!?

Salutations,

If Gods fought to the "death" against each other regulary (or ever), then hardly any of them would be around- correct?

FD

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Upper_Krust said:
He probably uses that sword only against mortal opponents - against other deities, he uses his bare hands, of course. :cool:

Re: Re: Deities & Demigods continued

Furn_Darkside said:
Salutations,

Hi there! :)

Furn_Darkside said:
If Gods fought to the "death" against each other regulary (or ever), then hardly any of them would be around - correct?

I agree 'death duels' are uncommon; but considering Iuz resources (an Empire!) theres little excuse to be 'packin' inferior goods.

...maybe I should send a Solar after Iuz!? Mmmm.

Re: Re: Deities & Demigods continued

Hi Darkness mate! :)

Darkness said:
He probably uses that sword only against mortal opponents - against other deities, he uses his bare hands, of course. :cool:

...and for those life or death moments a water pistol and a fluffy cushion as a shield! :D

Lord Ben

First Post
Iuz has 20 Cleric or Wizard levels? I'm sure he just learns magic weapon and casts it on his sword every day.... It probably has a wicked caster level check to dispel it too.

Question:
Does a Diety have to prepare spells every day?
Iuz: Dear Me, today I'd like to prepare divine favor so that I might look with favor upon myself during combat. I'd also like Planar Ally so that I might ask myself for help if I need it...

reiella

Explorer
Quick questions on the ELH/DDg BAB advancement statement (after 20 all BAB progress as Wizards).

Was wondering if :
1) This was for the first 20 class levels in a given class, or the first 20 character levels (looks like character level from the DDg reference but just asking to make sure).

2) If that's the case, then wouldn't it just be worse off to go Wiz20/Ftr20 than to go Ftr20/Wiz20 (Wizard then to Fighter and Fighter then to Wizard).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads