• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Delta Green] Operas and Avatars: Burn

Gomez

First Post
Tailspinner said:
Earlier:
When Barbara clips the badge to Katrina's lapel she gets a thought. So she takes a look at it and notes the name on it. "So! I am Janet <insert last name here>? How does that work exactly? Will that be my the name I use for...?" She pauses. "Is there a handbook on this stuff or do I just learn it as I go?"

"Delta Green is divided into cells. A to Z. I am in B Cell so my name begins with a B. Brian was in B Cell as well. A Cell contains the big wigs who keep us organized.
I cell usually contains from 4-6 people. Now Mike and Phil are what we call Friendlies. They are not full agents but help out in other ways. Now that I have told you this I am going to have to kill you." says Barbara with a stone cold look on her face. After a couple of seconds, Barbara gives you a wink and a smile. "Got you going there didn't I. But seriously this is all secret stuff. Ok, Katrina?"

Later:
When Barbara introduces her to David, Katrina switches the laptop to her left hand and reaches her right hand out to shake his. "Janet Franks, I am glad to meet you, David."

"Pleased to meet you Janet. Let's get going. I only have the lab for a hour." David leads down stairs to door which he unlocks. A sign above the door says. LAB E. Inside the room you see several computer terminals and large glass window along the far wall looking into another room. A heavy metal door is to the right of the window and it looks like it leads to the other room. David locks the door behind you.

G

Guest 11456

Katrina Sue Yoppeigh : Female Computer Programmer

"Are we secure here?" Katrina looks at the lab and at the equipment.

Gomez

First Post
"Yes, I have put a taped loop of an empty room on the security cameras and no one should come down here for at least a hour. Now tell me what you do have there? Why all the worry over a computer virus?" says David.

G

Guest 11456

"We have a computer viris that can kill anyone who is at an infected computer when it activates. It appears to be a worm viris what once activated it just plays some video recording over the affected computer's monitor and speakers. It is a worm virus that is sent through email. It's only function is to play an MPEG file on the infected computer's monitor and speakers. It can be remotely activated through data sent on the Internet. This function is set up whenever the computer is first infected. It can also be programmed to activate at a set time and date before the virus infects a computer. It will only activate when there is activity on the mouse or keyboard. The virus will self erase itself once it is activated. It is very resistant to any known anti-virus programs." She pauses taking a deep breath. "I have separated the MPEG file into its separate audio and video components. Now I need to run them to try and find out what is happening."

Last edited by a moderator:

Gomez

First Post
"Do you want to run the audio and video components separately or together?" says David as he loads your files into his main computer.

OOC: Sorry about that. I thought I was waiting on your reply. :uhoh:

G

Guest 11456

"For now I would like to run them separately. We have no idea what causes the death effect. I do not want to risk things. I thought that if we played each separately that we might be able to determine something. But if that doesn't work, then we will need to play them together." She turns to David. "Ready when you are. Let's try the video first."

Gomez

First Post
OOC: Glad to have you back! :D

David sets up the computer in the isolation room and then closes the heavy door that leads to the control room. "Just in case, we can watch what is on the computer monitor from a video feed. That way we don't have to look at it directly." He punches a button and the monitor screen changes to a bright white. Then black lines, circles, and unknown symbols seem to rise up from the whiteness. They move around like some sort of dance. Melding, changing, waxing, and waning. It is almost hypnotic and at the same time unsettling. Katrina feels herself start to clinch her jaw and grind her teeth. After 45 seconds the recording ends.

G

Guest 11456

As the sequence completes she breaths in and out a few times, then she turns to the other two. "The images were almost hypnotic, but at the same time seemed some how unsettling. What was your assessment of the video sequence? I am even more curious about the audio now."

Gomez

First Post
"Well, it did seem sort of hypnotic. There could possibly be subliminal messages hidden in the signal as well. I didn't feel any compulsion to kill myself though.” says David. "When I have the time, I will dig deeper into the signal to see if there are any hidden images."

G

Guest 11456

She nods. "Sounds good. Let's go ahead and run the audio then."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads