• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Delta Green] Operas and Avatars: Puppet Shows and Shadow Plays

taitzu52

First Post
"Come on, Brown. We'll let the Attorney General deal with his boss.", he says, putting his hand on Brown's elbow. "Thank you for your time, Doctor. Your statements will be noted.", he says as a parting shot. As they walk out, he says to Brown, "It sounds like Hobbson, or whoever pulled his plug, got here first. Let's go."

Maerdwyn

First Post
Solomon nods slowly, eyes still on Cortez. "Good Day, Doctor. We'll be in touch." On the way down the hall, Solomon has a hunch. That guy didn't even twitch. No pathologist I've ever met is that calm. Probably nothing, but no harm in asking. When they near the receptionist on the way out, Solomon puts his smile back on for Tina.

"Nice to meet you, Tina - Have a nice day. Say, how long has Dr. Cortez worked here? Seems like he's doing a good job in a stressful situation," He says casually.

Gomez

First Post
"Dr. Cortez? He was appointed to take over after Dr. Gutierrez died. He has only been here for the past three days. He seems nice enough though." says Tina.

Maerdwyn

First Post
"Yeah. Well, thanks a lot for your help." On the way out Solomon frowns ans raises an eyebrow at Andrews, but says nothing until they are in private.

ooc: heading off to pick up my son form school - back in a while :)

taitzu52

First Post
Good eye, kid. Good eye, Andrews thinks as he walks out to the car. "Hey Brown," he says, "do you mind if we stop for something to eat on the way?" Andrews asking for food in the middle of the day is like a fish asking for ice in his water. Totally uncharacteristic as it is, Andrews will look for a small place where they can get a booth and a beer on the way to the Bureau.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Solomon says, as they sit, "I probably won't eat too much. Don't want to lose my lunch when Hobbson starts talking." Still, he orders a big burger with jack cheese and stuffed jalepeno peppers as a side. Negra Modelo for the beer. He waits for Andrews to begin the conversation. For all Solomon knows, it was some form of plague that afflicted Santana and the other killers.

taitzu52

First Post
Andrews picks a seat away from other patrons. He orders a beer, and pulls out a pack of cigarettes and places the lighter next to it. He lights one up and blows over the lamp hanging over the table, sending the smoke billowing out around the light. Without any warm up, he says, "I could be in really big trouble here, Solomon." Calling Brown by his first name is usually enough to shock him to attention. He goes on, "I just want you to know the truth, in case anything happens to me. I know that I don't have to tell you that this stays in this room. Not even the Bureau can handle this *CED*. Well, obviously."

He takes a couple of long drags from his cigarette, looking up at the ceiling for a moment, before his eyes meet with Browns. "I opened the door to Examination Room #3, and saw someone standing behind a curtain with a light behind it. Figuring that it was Gutierrez, I called out his name. He didn't answer." says Andrews, his arm propping his head up with his fingers on his temple. "I called security and asked them to see who it was back there. It was Santana's corpse standing over Gutierrez's body, laid out on a slab like he was the one about to be autopsied." Andrews relays, as he probes Brown eyes for some sense that his partner believes him. "Santana's body collapsed on the floor before the guard got there. Gutierrez woke up. He seemed fine. I told him to wait for a doctor to check him out, but he refused. I pressed the issue, and he relented at first. He....", Andrews seems visibly tense right now, as he lights one cigarette off of the other. "He made a move, like he was going to take his jacket off and comply. That's when he grabbed the scalpel and slammed it into that guards chest." he says, pausing to down the rest of his beer. "I opened fire." he coughs out, the alcohol drying his throat as he talks.

"Now here's where *CED* gets pretty *CED*ing unbelievable. You may want to get a drink too." Andrews says, leaning across the table so he can pretty much whisper. "He knocks me to the ground, we're struggling. As I try to keep that scalpel out of my chest cavity....something happens." Andrews says, his voice lowering still. "I was focused on that blade, but my eye caught something, Gutierrez's throat was starting to swell. And then, Solomon, I swear to Jesus Christ on this. *CED*ing tentacles come out of his mouth." Andrews stops talking and waits to see Brown's reaction. "It gets worse." he says quietly as he looks Brown straight in the eye, the only thing not sober about his look is the empty beer near his hand. "Even after I put Gutierrez down, and believe me, it was no easier than *CED*ing Santana, something else happened." he says, his hands visibly shaking at this point. "Whatever he had in his mouth starting coming out, I dunno, some kind of slug thing. It started going for the dead guard. That's when I got out the bleach." Andrews continues, the stink of fear is all over him now. He looks again at Brown, not sure if he's making a mistake by telling him this. His eyes are searching his partners' for clues, trying to figure on how vulnerable he really is now.

As he lights another cigarette, he begins to chuckle, a horrible nervous laughter, "Funny part is," he begins again, "somebody big knows everything! They have the tapes, they have the slug, hell, they even got that other security guard, um...Frank, or whatever it was." He drags on his cigarette again, "And now they're saying that the sphere was an NSA satellite? Whatever it was, it fell from the sky, and that's where it came from. Probably where that slug came from too. And they know what happened." he repeats, "Now I'm *CED*ed!" he says crossing his arms, looking pretty damn upset.

Andrews excuses himself and goes to the bathroom to clean up, and upon returning says, "Well, let's not keep the man waiting."

Last edited:

Gomez

First Post
taitzu52 said:
(OOC- Say Gomez, what IS my current state of mental health like?)

OOC: Andrews has had quite a shock but he is no where close to losing it. He has lost a total of 7 sanity so far. Two from the body in the car and five from the slug. I checked Andrews character sheet in the Rogue gallery. You miscalculated his starting sanity. It should be 60 not 65. 20% loss would be 12 not 13. So currently Andrews has 53 sanity. You have been role-playing him great so far but he should snap out of it pretty soon.

PS. Andrews didn't see Santana standing over the doctor. The curtain was still closed when he heard and saw the form fall to the ground.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads