• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Delta Green] Operas and Avatars: Puppet Shows and Shadow Plays

Gomez

First Post
The papers are reports on the case written by each of you. Though there are several radical differences from a report you would actually write. Santana was responsible for all the killings and missing persons along Highway 70. Santana had the plague, most likely contracted from prairie dogs. There is no mention of the sphere or the slug. Dr. Guiterrez and the security guard at the morgue both concocted the plague from the Santana's corpse and died a few days later in a military hospital.

Maerdwyn

First Post
"So, ah, where is it now?" Solomon asks neutrally as he peruses the document, not really caring which "it" the man-in-black thinks he's referring to. It's not like he's expecting much of an answer anyway. At least they aren't asking him to actually believe what he's supposed to sign.

taitzu52

First Post
"I can sleep well enough knowing this.", says Andrews as he quickly signs, "but, obvioulsy not tonight." he says sarcasticly as he gives a fake grin and a mock salute with the manilla folder just handed to him. "Speaking of which, is there any supplimental information that you might have for this file?", Andrews asks, casting a probing look at both gentlemen in the room.

Gomez

First Post
Hobbson looks over to the man in the back who shakes his head no. "No, we don't have any addition information for you. One more thing. You cannot divulge any information about this case to anyone outside this room. If the media questions you, you are to refer them to me. Do you understand? If any information leaks out about this case and you are found to be responsible it will mean time in a federal prison. A very long time." says Hobbson in a serious voice. "Now you have a lot of work to do. I am expecting those reports on my desk by noon tomorrow. Good day gentlemen."

taitzu52

First Post
"If the leak is anywhere, it won't be from us. I would like to see the local end of things just as airtight as you do." Andrews says with all sincerity. He gets up to leave, and seeing the man sitting there unmoving, he does a double take, and says, "Have we...met before? I'm not sure that I know you from inside the beltway, but.... Have we worked together over the phone....email?" Andrews knows he is pressing his luck here, but after what he's been through, he really doesn't give a *CED*ing *CED*.

(OOC Bluff +9, for what its worth, at least to Hobbson.)

Gomez

First Post
The man stands up and looks Andrews square in the face. His light blue eyes locked on yours. "No. We have never met before." he says with a low steady voice."

taitzu52

First Post
"My mistake." he says with a coy smile. The look he gives back to the guy speaks volumes. "Good afternoon, gentlemen." says Andrews as he follows Brown out the door.

After collecting any hard copies that they may have left here in the branch office (faxed or overnighted case files from around the country), Andrews grabs a cardboard box and some more manila folders and heads to the car. The carelessness or ignorance of Hobbson handing them one folder was still astounding to him. He must be having a worse week than us, he thinks as he puts the box in the back seat. "Well, Brown,"he says as he climbs into the passenger seat, "we'd better find some decent coffee."

Maerdwyn

First Post
"I hear you. We'll need some other supplies, too," he says while lighting his last cigarrette. "There anything we need back in San Carlos or did the cleaners collect everything from there, too?" Driving along in silence for a while Solomon suddenly says, "Jesus, Richard, what the hell just happened to us? Did the federal government just basically acknowledge that an alien has killed some fifty people over the last six months?"

taitzu52

First Post
"I don't think that 'acknowledge' is the right word to use here.", says Andrews, lighting a cigarette himself. "And I wouldn't think that that guy in there is what you would call 'the federal government'" he says, taking a long drag, looking out the window as Brown drives. "Oh, I'm sure taxpayers line his pockets, but you'll never find a guy like that's payroll on any records. See Brown, remember my bedtime story about little fish and big fish? Well I think that you just met your first big fish." Andrews says, putting his fingers to his temples as he leans against the car door. "My only question is, was that our 'friend'?", he says, looking at Brown, as if he knows the answer.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads