[Delta Green] Operas and Avatars: Puppet Shows and Shadow Plays

Maerdwyn

First Post
(ooc: heh, no worries taitzu - we're going to have fun :D)

Solomon looks at Andrews cooly, and speaks with a thin smile. "Black." Theres a tiny pause before Solomon accepts the coffee, and continues on, speaking directly, seriously, but still with the thin smile. "I appreciate your advice, Agent Andrew. I understand where you're coming from. And I know I'm a small fish and that I got a lot to learn from you and all the other fine agents here. But if you think that because I wear these very fine size twelves I don't take this job and what it stands for seriously, we're going to have problems." The smile has faded. "I've been serving this country with my body and brain since I was kid outta school. I've been on the job in the toughest city in the country fourteen years, and I came here because I wanted to do more, not less. I know what I've signed on for, Agent Andrews: the kind of people, the ideaologies, we're up against.* Nothing says I can't face them in a suit that fits." Solomon looks at his mug, surprised. When he speaks, a more genuine smile is back. "That's good coffee, Andrews. Thanks. So, what'd they pull you from when they stuck you with me?"

*ooc: Says the agent who's never heard of DG :cool:

taitzu52

First Post
Maerdwyn said:
Solomon looks at Andrews cooly, and speaks with a thin smile. "Black."
Andrews smiles at the overt irony and hands him the mug.

After hearing Brown speak, Andrews replies, "Good, good. Glad to seethat you're heart's in it. But we want your brain, not your body. U.S. Marshalls and such are down the block on Constitution Ave if you change your mind." Andrews sips from his mug and leaves the kitchenette, walking down the hall towards his desk. "You may think your last job was in a tough town, but they don't come tougher than the District. and I'm not talking South East either.", he says as he steps up to the desk in their office. "This one belonged to my former partner. It's not an easy job, Brown, a few bypasses later and this agent was done." He walks over to a file cabinet, and opens it up, revealing a huge mass of paperwork. "You should really be glad you got a field assignment from the start. Really, don't get your hopes up. This'll be waiting for you when you get back.", Andrews says as he shuts the drawer and sits down at his desk. He begins doing some personell checks on the Phoenix field office, and ties up his loose ends from the week. "Make yourself at home, Agent Brown."

Last edited:

Maerdwyn

First Post
"But we want your brain, not your body. U.S. Marshalls and such are down the block on Constitution Ave if you change your mind."

Solomon chuckles softly. "Yeah that's what they told me when I joined the force, and again when I made detective. If you're more right about it than they were, I'll be happy."

When Andrews points out the paperwork, Solomon's face droops just a bit, despite his best effort. Well, at least one thing in this place looks familiar, he thinks.

"All right, looking forward to it," he says unconvincingly. "For now, I'm going to read up on the reservation and the Apache community some, maybe look through the files of a few of the VIPs there. Anything else you want me to do, let me know." He settles down, logs on, and gets to work.

At the end of the day, after picking up his plane ticket, Solomon will go home to pack, and gets to sleep early, arriving for his flight in plenty of time. He makes sure to bring some Nicorrete gum in his pocket, since it's a nonstop flight.

ooc: if there's more to be done before we leave, belay that last paragraph, of course.

Last edited:

taitzu52

First Post
After doing some preliminary research on the Phoenix metro area, Andrews will make some phone calls. Part of his routine is keeping up with some agents form other agencies in the District. He won't mention where he's going, just some follow up. (Barring further actions....) At about 7 or 8, he'll head home to Arlington and pack. It's not like he has trouble picking anything out, owning only dark blue suits for work. His service sidearm goes in a small, locked flightbox (if I'm correct, only Marshalls can fly with their guns). He'll arrive early at the airport, and skip breakfast. Brown should find him in the terminal, reading the Post (or a Phoenix paper if he can find one.)

Gomez

First Post
You both meet up at the Dulles International Airport in plenty of time to make your flight. Stopping at a in airport shop to grab a paper and such. A cover story on a National Tattler catches Agent Brown's eye.

Attachments

• Devils Highway.doc
    106.5 KB · Views: 168

taitzu52

First Post
(OOC- Gomez, the text is cut off in the download. Do you have it in another format? You can send it to:
missed the boat....
if need be. Thanks!
TZ)

Last edited:

taitzu52

First Post
Andrews reads over Brown's shoulder as they sit in the terminal. "Geez," he sighs, "it's pretty sad when we get leads from rags like this." Andrews reaches down and pulls out his laptop. He doesn't keep any secure information on it as a rule, but with a little help from IT at the Bureau, he has a fairly secure box. He uses it more for general research. "Alright, let's see how you make lemonade. I'll start tracking the names in this article. I want you to get on the horn and find out who wrote this article, and how they took the submission. Fair?" Andrews will now find out how good airport/airplane WiFi really is.

Remove ads