Democratic Monster Creation or something

Rapida

First Post
Ok now we need votes for the stats. To get the total I will add and average the votes. Since the creature is incorpereal it does not have any strength score and since its a construct type it doesn't have a constitution score. Here are the stats we have for it so far. Don't forget charisma is very important to this swarm. It gives it AC, which it really needs because of its low hp.

Construct Swarm (Incorpereal)
HD 15d10
BAB 11/6/1
Base Fort 5
Base Ref 5
Base Will 5
Skill Points (2+int)x4, 28+(intx14)
6 Feats

Anyway, my vote for the ability scores are
Str --
Dex 18
Con --
Int 14
Wis 12
Cha 16
(I gave it high stats because it doesn't even have 2 of the 6 possible stats)
Voting for this stage will be done on saturday night, and then comes the fun stuff.

Last edited:

Y.O.Morales

First Post
I agree with your stats Rapida, except that it could even have a Dex score of 20 (in case it needs more AC). So my stats would be:

Str --
Dex 20
Con --
Int 14
Wis 12
Cha 16

Also, I suggest adding it a Fly speed (possibly with perfect maneauverability).

This is going to be one very unusual monster. Congrats Rapida for this thread.

Rapida

First Post
Str --
Dex 19
Con --
Int 14
Wis 12
Cha 16
Will be the creatures statistics.
Construct Swarm (Incorpereal)
HD 15d10
BAB 11/6/1
Base Fort 5
Base Ref 5
Base Will 5
Skill Points (2+int)x4, 28+(intx14)
6 Feats

Lets swap around the voting so we will vote for special abilites and qualities first. That way if we want to give it the ability focus feat we can or whatever. Any ideals on special abilities or qualities? I will post mine later.

Y.O.Morales

First Post
I believe that to create the special attacks and qualities, we first must have a concept. Mixing Blade of Desecration's idea and mine, I suggest a swarm of small globes composed of shadowstuff (or the gray mists from the Ethereal Plane, or negative energy). If not globes, then a little nasty insects as Kuld said, or weird bats.
It's your call Rapida, or ask for votes on this one.

Then a fly speed (perfect maneuverability).
And a hive mind.

(I'll think of some qualities later. BTW, thinking of the whole Incorporeal-Construct thing, it occurred to me a cool creature that I'll use in my campaign: living (materialized) memories. If only I would have more time, then I'd post the stats here).

Rapida

First Post
Yes i agree we need a concept, I think the shadowstuff is a cool ideal. A swarm of skulls made of shadowstuff. The skulls should throw off any attempts at identification, the PCs will think this strange ghostlike creature is one. Then they should waste a turn attempt or two. Thats my ideal for it. I'm thinking it could be created as a guard(sp?) for necromancers, they need minions that aren't weak to the usual stuff.

Oh yea, I will give this till friday night. Then we all can agree on an ideal and continue with special qualities and attacks.

Mr_GrinReaper

First Post
Hmmmm... I agree with the necromancer thing, it would be a cool pet, but howabout, a swarm of maggots, now that would be really scary, a swarm of invisible maggots, you couldn't see, but could feel-

howabout giving them some kind of (material manifestation) ability-ish, like that they can affect the material plane with attacks as if they were material, but are still treated as incorporeal when they are attacked (50% miss chance, but they'd keep normal swarm dammage, Insted of reverting to the incorporeal attack thingie)

Rapida

First Post
Ok lets just go with the Ideal of Skulls made of Negative Energy. Let the voting for special abilities and qualities begin.
I will start us off with a few things I think it should have.
Unholy Toughness: This gives it charisma bonus to hp rolls, since it doesn't have a constitution this will help its life out.
Negative Energy Taint: Any spell that uses positive energy cast within 60 feet of a _______, uses negative energy damage instead of positive energy damage. This causes it to harm living creatures and heal undead creatures. (If this is to powerful we could change it to do 50%, that would effectively negate it.)
Flight: A ________ has a fly speed of 60 ft, perfect
Life Siphon: A ________ can drain 5d8 hitpoints from an undead creature as a standard action. This heals the _________ by equal amount of damage. (Basically the creature siphons off a part of the undead's negative energy to charge itself.)
Spell Like Abilities: Harm 1/day, Enervation 3/day, Death Knell At will, Control Undead 3/day

Last edited:

Remove ads