D&D 4E Destiny's Tears OOC Thread 4E

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
Wait--I just realised we might not be on the same page--when you said 'make classes' did you just mean have me write up more of the ones I already made, or did you mean make an all-new class? Because I thought you meant the second one, but if its the first one, then I'll be happy to do it :)

It was the first, I haven't even thought about the secound... I just have no idea what does what, what doesn't have spells and so on and so on.
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden said:
Your comment was very important--its what helped me remember that I made a mistake--I did post an OOC post informing you all that I made a change based on that ;)

RA, when you have that many SBlocks, that much OOC chatter, if you edit your IC posts in major ways you should just repost them when its for the group like that. (I can always edit out the non-important post.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
[nag]What? No more IC posts?[/nag]

Seriously, I know you have a lot on your plate, so I can't complain if you only get a few IC posts. One per day per person is better than most games out there. Hopefully if/when we get togeather that will ease your burdon a bit. So just remember all my nagging, whining and complaing about not enough IC is all just for fun :)

Also, on a different note, what cleric/healer types are there out there as far as character classes? Sometimes it's hard to tell by a name, and I'm sort of curious (think about a potential Plague character, depending on how things breakdown and if you have room after BS gets the first alt slot in that one :))
Shaman = the ultimate healer
Champion = almost as good as Shaman at healing

Zealot, Soulsinger, Psalmist, Templar, Votress, Inquisitor, Heretic, Mystic, and Enchantress are all quite good at healing

Totemist, Treesinger, Swanmay, Ascetic, Preserver, Animist, Nymph, Witch, and Ecomancer can get the job done

Skald, Wrathbringer, Bladesinger, Oathsinger, Truthsinger, Troubadour, Jester, Siren, Spellsinger, Sage, Knight, Soulwarden, Sohei, Liberator, Spellguardian, Runemaiden, Planeswalker can heal, but very poorly

Rystil Arden

First Post
BS:
[SBLOCK]
Explain... I still don't see how a class with the ability to be true netural could have an issue doing something that socicity might not agree with.
The main problem is that holding slaves in Larakese society is a illegal and dishonourable act. There's a few side things, but let's look at the next post and ignore this for a bit--

It was the first, I haven't even thought about the secound... I just have no idea what does what, what doesn't have spells and so on and so on.
Oh, whew! Then I'd be glad to help you find another class. Let me know what you want--it looks like you want Monk abilities, it seems.

Oh, and if you want to be a Martial Artist, all it takes is saying that her Larakese master freed her on his death (much to the family's anger, of course) and then she got herself trained afterwards--I'll accept it, and it is perfectly reasonable :)
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
The main problem is that holding slaves in Larakese society is a illegal and dishonourable act. There's a few side things, but let's look at the next post and ignore this for a bit--

Concept crashing... strains.... "Must pull up!"

Rystil Arden said:
Oh, and if you want to be a Martial Artist, all it takes is saying that her Larakese master freed her on his death (much to the family's anger, of course) and then she got herself trained afterwards--I'll accept it, and it is perfectly reasonable :)

Ah, because she's suppose to be to much for her second master to handle, she needs a class for this, the second owner obviously wasn't on Xarata (neither was the first) so her having any chance at Martial Arts again would purely metagamed cause I see the game starting shorting after her escape.

The concept breaks up on impact with the side of a mountain...[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
BS:
[SBLOCK]
How about she has a Larakese master who was a Ninja--I actually already made the Ninja class--it has full skill points and monk abilities too :)

Also, in a completely unrelated point, I don't agree with
she needs a class for this

Just remember--allowing characters to play a class from another world is normally an exception made for an excellent backstory reason (Sakura is a good example of this), not something to be assumed. Your choice of Martial Artist and subsequent explanation seems to be metagamed off of not making me write up a new class, as the story is strained (again, unlike Sakura, who has a wonderful consistency).
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
RA: [sblock]What if her Larakese master didn't live on Xarata because he liked slaves? What if he lived on another planet...

Nevermind that won't work either... Needs a family.

concept done. :( [/sblock]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
How about she has a Larakese master who was a Ninja--I actually already made the Ninja class--it has full skill points and monk abilities too :)

I've not see it... (looking)

Rystil Arden said:
Just remember--allowing characters to play a class from another world is normally an exception made for an excellent backstory reason (Sakura is a good example of this), not something to be assumed. Your choice of Martial Artist and subsequent explanation seems to be metagamed off of not making me write up a new class, as the story is strained (again, unlike Sakura, who has a wonderful consistency).

Well any metagaming happen to comes from the fact that I don't have :):):):) on this world of Xarata when I started working on this concept cause of lack of details on your worlds.

This -> "Society- Filial piety, elders and wisdom held in esteem, otherwise by clan" Does not cut it.

I like this concept and I don't want to see it changed. As for Sakura. You’re were up untill a few posts agao looking at her.
[/SBLOCK]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
RA: [sblock]If you've made the ninja you have not posted it. What if I just go with my Tralg without the nymph by his side… He won’t have a single shared language.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
BS:
[SBLOCK]
C'mon, you know you can't see Ninjas--too sneaky. I will e-mail the class to you, but it isn't posted online ;)

As for this--
As for Sakura. You’re were up untill a few posts agao looking at her.
I don't know what to say. I know that isn't the case.

And this--
I like this concept and I don't want to see it changed.
I like the concept too, but having Lara Kai involved at all *is* a change from the original concept that came out of the blue, and it seems to me it is a change designed just to get the Martial Artist class.
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads