• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Detroit Gameday II: Dec 4th AFTERMATH!!!

Quickbeam

Explorer
On behalf of the planning committee (JD and shadowlight), let me say that I deeply appreciate offers to juggle game types and times. But before we starting heading down either of those rather confusing roads, there are another few options worthy of exploration.

** I've spoken to Stockdale who has graciously offered to run events at both of the Detroit Gamedays. Sadly, his offered games haven't had many takers...yet. After employing some strongarm tactics (and borderline begging) he may "volunteer" to run a rather unique D&D game for the displaced morning persons. I'm hoping this plays out, since I know he is a creative and cruel DM, whose sessions are always entertaining.

** Several of the players in one of my regular groups have now been made aware of the Detroit Gameday, and it is possible one of them will step forward to run an event. At least three people from this group are very experienced DM's, and they'd provide new blood to the Gameday roster.

** Finally, if there are no other simple and attractive offers on the table, I would run a morning D&D session.

The bottom line is that I don't want other folks to start changing their game concepts of time slots because Mark is unable to attend. We have a month to replace his game slot, and there are plenty of viable options as yet unexplored.

Last edited:

Currently I am in Joshua's game in the morning and LazurusLong's in the afternoon session. However, if needed, I would be willing to run a DnD 3.5 adventure from Dungeon mag if there is interest. I would also be willing to run a Cthulhu game if there is more interest in that type of game. Whether I play or run a session, I am looking forward to meeting you all and plan on having a great deal of fun on December 4th.

As a side note, Quickbeam how are you dealing with the after-effects of last Saturday?

shadowlight

First Post
Remathilis said:
ALL DISPLACED PLAYERS

Give me a Yay or Nay on Shadows of the Last War for AM or PM

Basically, type AM, PM or NEITHER

Thanks!
Quickbeam, Stockdale, J Dyal, and I are already playing through Shadows of the Last War in our game group.

Quickbeam

Explorer
Cyri'kazzen the Drow said:
Currently I am in Joshua's game in the morning and LazurusLong's in the afternoon session. However, if needed, I would be willing to run a DnD 3.5 adventure from Dungeon mag if there is interest. I would also be willing to run a Cthulhu game if there is more interest in that type of game. Whether I play or run a session, I am looking forward to meeting you all and plan on having a great deal of fun on December 4th.

As a side note, Quickbeam how are you dealing with the after-effects of last Saturday?

If Stockdale doesn't cow to the pressure I'm exerting (or if he would simply prefer to play), I think this is an excellent option to replace Mark's game in the morning.

As for last Saturday, are you referring to the Chicago Gameday two weeks ago, or the giant windstorm last week which caused a 24 hour power outage in my area?

If it is the former (which is my presumption), Sunday was brutal...just BRUTAL! I play in a football league, and had to drag myself around the field for 90 minutes on only five hours of total sleep in the preceding two days. That was followed by a birthday party and other family activities. Needless to say, I crashed at about 8:30pm that night right around the time we put our youngest in bed.
If you were asking about last weekend, that was also difficult. Why? Because the power outage prevented us from carving pumpkins effectively; led to the purchase and hook-up of a generator; contributed to Griffin (our youngest...and most active child) going to bed early; and nearly wrecked our plans for the neighborhood Halloween party we were hosting. Worst of all, Griffin's early bed time combined with Daylight Savings, led to us being up at 4:30 with a very alert and busy child :confused:.

Was that too much information? If so, I apologize. But in any event, thanks for asking CtD!!

Actually Quickbeam I was referring to the latest and possibly greatest MSU heartbreaker in recent memory. I am not sure I will ever be able to ever get over this one vs. UM.

Let me know as soon as you can about running the session for Gameday and I will get out a description. Thanks.

Remathilis

Legend
That being said, I'll withdraw my Eberron game.

I'll remain uncommitted until some more D&D games open for now.

Else, I guess I could run something else, like maybe a good run of Heart of the Nightfang Spire?

broghammerj

Explorer
For me, if I'm not enrolled in the morning game it is no big deal. There are a number of factors:

1. I still may have to pull out of gameday for hospital related reasons. Don't worry, not my own health! I may have to work although I'm pressing to get it off and won't know until mid-late Nov.

2. My wife still can't understand my "childish ways" and a half day of gaming wouldn't kill her.

3. With my professional responsibilities, my time to reading about new systems and RPGs has gone in the toilet. I wouldn't necessarily mind watching some new games in the AM to learn how to play.

That being said would I love to be there all day for some kickin RPG action, meet some new people, possibly find new people to game with, learn some new systems, dodge work, dodge the wife........AH YEAH!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads