• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deuagar adventure please

God, I hope I spelled that right. You know what I mean though. Evil, bald dwarves.

I like to DM on the fly, but I'm kind of getting over my head right now. The players are chasing after a slain dragon's horde that was stolen by deugars. I need a fairly large complex that can be modified. The party's like this, although I rarely play with all of them at the same time:

Dwarf fighter 4
Half-orc barbarian 4
Human ranger 4
Human diviner 4
Elf druid 4
Gnome illusionist 3
Elf rogue 3

Thanks.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Big group. You could easily turn this free WotC adventure inside-out, changing the Orcs into Duergar and putting the keep inside of a huge natural cavern instead of outside a mine. You could even use the same map but interpret it differently. Hardly any work at all and at fifth level, should balance well for your large group of fourth level PCs.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/Base_of_Operations.pdf

Imruphel

First Post
I'm pretty sure it's "duergar" (which I only mention because you specifically mentioned the spelling).

Another option if you just need a map (and maybe some backstory) is 2E's The Gates of Firestorm Peak. The adventure is set in a duergar complex. You can buy it as a PDF download from www.rpgnow.com or www.paizo.com.

Lizard Lips

First Post
I just ran my group through most of "Forge of Fury". The upper levels are full of orcs, but a lower level contains some duergar blacksmiths. There's also several large natural caverns. I did a LOT of modding on this dungeon (my players ran into the Forge of Fury in another campaign, but didn't get past the orcs. I used the other three levels they didn't encounter in my current campaign, but reworked how the various levels connected, what creatures were inside, etc.)

It was pretty interesting to run, and my group of 6 players hit it at 4th level. I think it makes a good base to start from to which you can add additioanl duerger or whatever.

There's an adventure in Gary Gygax's Castle Zagyg: Yggsburgh book that's based around gray dwarves (i.e. duergar). It's the right level range, but I'm not sure if you'd be interested or not, since it's a lot more than just one adventure; it's a town, the lands around it, and around fifty adventures in various degrees of development -- the gray dwarf adventure is one of the more developed ones. Oh, it's also for C&C, but you could use it for 3E with ease.

Remove ads