• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deva or Aasimar?

Deva or Aasimar?

• Deva

Votes: 189 67.0%
  • Aasimar

Votes: 93 33.0%

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Simple question, simple poll.

For the record, I detest Aasimar. It's just a failed attempt to get into the dictionary before the Aardvark! ;)

Cheers!

Droogie

Explorer
Dunno. I think I like 'aasimar' better. 'Deva' makes me think of 'pop deva', and now I picture the entire race looking like Mariah Carey. :hmm:

Dunno. I think I like 'aasimar' better. 'Deva' makes me think of 'pop deva', and now I picture the entire race looking like Mariah Carey. :hmm:

OTOH, "deva" has the virtue of being

A) A real word,

B) Connotations that actually make sense for the race, and

C) Is pronounceable without sounding like you're trying to curse. ;) (It's "day-vuh," for the record, not "diva" like Mariah Carey.)

Gee, can we tell how I voted?

Sonny

Adventurer
I like Deva much more. I never actually disliked Aasimar, but then again, I never liked it either. For me, this would be one of 4th editions positive changes.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Gee, can we tell how I voted?

For "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"? Knew I left something off the poll! :)

Interesting to see the split in votes - it's very heavily towards Deva at this point; which probably says an awful lot about how real words are generally better than made-up ones.

Cheers!

Remove ads