D&D 4E Developing a full Martial Controller Monk Via Feats / Build

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
It's been a while, but wasn't the real, in-the-book, Weirding Way more like Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes?
That was the generalized yes we are able to plumb other generations awesome (there was no sound attack) but there was using the voice in a hypno-enhanced way.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Note an intimidate use by the book can induce someone to do an action ie something with ridiculously open ended nature ... unlock my cuffs or the like. One way of using the voice might be buffing that ;p - man not sure what they were thinking

The attack adjacent ally is a straight forward power though swipe from wizard base on charisma.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I know I know... the feat which lets you remember past lives lets you swap out exploits
and Deva get it free ;p

I already have educated Fighter letting you have a book of Techniques for that martial type.

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
So I feel like the Weirding Way and the Bene Gesserit what is the Charisma Using Martial Artist Tradition maybe it should probably dabble in leader elements in some sense . The Bene Gesserit were politicians aka the illuminati with actual powers.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
"I have no fear, for fear is the little death that kills me over and over. Without fear, I die but once."

Let me see what we can pull from the dune wiki

Physically, a Bene Gesserit could control every muscle and nerve in their body, right down to the individual fibers. They were supreme in the disciplines of prana and bindu. The results of this training were numerous abilities, including:

• Oral Analysis: Upon tasting an item, a Bene Gesserit can break down the food into its ingredients, right down to its chemical composition;
  • Internal Organic-Chemical Control: Alteration of metabolism to render poisons harmless. This ability was used when potential Reverend Mothers took the Water of Life;
  • Prana Bindu: Alteration of blood flow, body temperature, heart rate, and level of consciousness, for the purposes of survival in harsh environments, or escaping from bonds;
  • Weirding Way: Superior hand-to-hand combat abilities; martial arts. Bene Gesserit trained men and women unrivalled in their fighting abilities. Only Imperial Sardaukar and the Fremen of Arrakis could approach the abilities of a Bene Gesserit in regards to combat techniques, attack speed, and resourcefulness. Later, in the Age of The Tyrant, and even later, in the times after The Scattering, new abilities were developed in humans by means of genetic breeding, in extremis situations (see Miles Teg, a Bene Gesserit Bashar), or designed into ghola abilities (see "Heretics Of Dune" era Duncan Idaho).
  • The Voice: Ability to influence people directly by giving them orders with a certain sound frequency. When a person is ordered to do something by the use of Voice it is almost irresistable not to comply. A Bene Gesserit is trained to resist the Voice. The downside of it is the phenomenon of entire population becoming immune to it if The Voice is being overly used upon a population. Mentats can especially become immune to the Voice if he understands how it works.
  • Sensing the Truth: Truthsayer is trained to sense if someone is telling the truth or not, but the other Bene Gesserit can also spot if someone is holding something back. Example: When Dr.Yueh was supposed to betray the Duke Leto of the Atreides, he felt guilty and anxious about it. Jessica had conversations with him and sensed that he is holding something back. Being informend that Bene Gesserit can sense his guilt about what he was about to do he exploited/manipulated his own emotions (remembering his wife in the grasp of baron Harkonnen) and mentioning her every time he thought Jessica was studying him and searching for more reasons why he felt so disturbed.
  • Fertility Control - Bene Gesserit are able to control their own fertility, choosing when to get pregnant and the gender of their child in order to produce children when and where the order wishes in order to meet with the Bene Gesserits breeding program.

Bene Gesserit mental abilities included supreme levels of discipline. A Bene Gesserit mind could alter its level of consciousness, for the sake of relaxation, and hyper-alertness in times of potential danger. Moreover, a Bene Gesserit trained individual could:

• Petit Perception: monitor minutiae in others to detect concealed emotions, motivations, agendas, or even physical things such as concealed weapons, a false accent, surgery, or deception in general. This particular skill was useful in detecting face dancers.
Hmmmmm

Remove ads