4E Developing a full Martial Controller Monk Via Feats / Build

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
So the feat Predictive Intelligence modelling it after the Bard one. Combat virtuoso. I could make it a Psion class power to allow the Bene Gesserit to be a psionic class but use intelligence as the foundation for their Martial Arts of course with that I do not need hypnotic weave and figure the BGs get there mind control directly from Psion abilities.

Oh look what I found... ok its just a fan produced ability but very familiar in function to the Predictive Intelligence one above it rather made me blink.

1574830120759.png

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Predictive intelligence Inspired by the Bene Gesserit / Mentats it could be race limited but its perhaps really just the Seer background not ironically the Bene Gesserit were also called witches and so we have the Witch with her Augury. The Doctor Strange who in MCU is high on time magics is another example where time magics and martial arts are ahem in sync. The Bene Gesserit are optimally even in story more like Lazylords with a dash of psy flavor going on.

It seems a good race enabler and I am thinking for Int high based races like Deva (a close analog for BG) or Tiefling or Shardminds or similar and it could even be opened up to doing other Dex based classes and do not see a mechanical reason it wouldn't be reasonable for Rogue for instance. (The Duelling Daggers trick is also part of the Dune scheme). A Mentat with Predictive Intelligence as a rogue could work fine.

It is also a multi-class / hybrid enabler style feat (The monk is a rather poor hybrid with the Psion). Arguably in a sense it's mostly a sideways change - with the uses Int as a basic attack clause being the ironically the power upwards benefit. And you could if that is all you wanted without the Seer/Prediction flavoring take the feat Melee Training for a normal Dex monk and have the same empowerment. (no I do not use nerfed melee training of you do nerf this too).

At the moment its written and implemented in my Character Builder as a monk specific feat without other limits.

1575228983402.png

Advertisement