D&D 4E Developing a full Martial Controller Monk Via Feats / Build

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Then there is enabling the higher end control we need to consider. We can make powers that do full controller effects directly when they have either the Take down stance involved or just trigger it off of having the Soft Style class feature. (class features used to change many individual powers is a norm)

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
From Mao's analysis of the monk as a controller....

Controller - Monk are awesome minion killers, but they lack the hard control of a true controller or even a rogue. Eternal Tide and Centered BreathMonks upgrade this significantly because of how easily they can rinse and repeat Flurry of Blows at a distance once Paragon/Epic hit. Stone Fist has some options via feats to make all their daily powers add in both Daze(save ends) and Slow(save ends)

@MwaO do you have any thoughts on what might be done
I am wondering if the Pressure Points feats need to be limited to those with the Soft Style (Way of the Gentle Hand) I wasnt thinking of doing so but.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
What about a feat like this for Dazing

Quivering Disruption
Paragon Tier
Prerequisite
: 11th level, monk, Way of the Gentle Hand feature
Benefit: When you hit an enemy with a daily attack power, you also daze the enemy (save ends). If the attack already dazes the enemy, after daze ends perhaps immobilized save ends.

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I am thinking that a feat to upgrade slows to immobilized with the sacrifice of a damage die might be in the mix for this.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Or opponents STR mod replacing your Stat mod - use greater strength against itself.
I am now thinking that the take down stance would be gained automatically with the Soft Form selection as well as the defocusing of their flurry. And putting the damage as a feat Called using their strength against them this would make the feat very much analogous to the White lotus riposte - and defang the default gained by the Takedown stance and that is a win win.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
So this is what I have currently the Gentle Hand becomes a class feature I named its converse Iron Fist - this is well probably a repetition of something somewhere else in the monk class but seems perfect. Hmmm does it need to take a minor action to enter the stance distinct from the free action to knock down their adversaries

1570502317534.png

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
To get "Using Their Strength Against Them" and having their own strength in damage from the Gentle Take Down ends up being a feat ... I figure that feat cost is like the Arcane White Lotus Riposte (but its context is only if you are using the stance)

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
And perhaps to make that feat more generalized it could allow the monk to deliver the subjects own strength in damage to anyone knocked prone by a monk power?

This could allow even the Striker variety monk to make use of it.

Perhaps it could even be just a Martial Feat (so any class with knockdowns can add that as a feat bonus to damage)

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
And here is what I have... it can be used by any martial class like some of my martial techniques it pulls the martial artist concept open.

1570505080223.png

Last edited:

Remove ads