• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

di Senzio's Tournement: Arena - Tribune [El Jefe judging]

Heckler

First Post
Octavio will select a chain shirt, rapier, and a hand crossbow with 10 bolts.

AC 17, 18 with dodge, 19 with Combat Expertise; Touch 13, Flat Footed 14

HP 13

Rapier: +4 to hit, damage 1d6+1, crit 18-20/x2, sneak attack +1d6

Hand Crossbow: +4 to hit, damage 1d4, crit 19-20/x2, sneak attack +1d6, range increment 30'

Bluff +6, Tumble +7

Dodge, Combat Expertise, Weapon Finesse

BigB

First Post
Velmont said:
OOC: You can have only 2 weapons, 1 shield and 1 armor... but nothing prevent you to do some shield bash, so you always can take a small shield as a back up weapon... just an idea like that.

ooc: thanks for the idea, changed post to use small light shield in place of dagger and added HP, initiative, and other things I had left out.

Velmont

First Post
-=-=-= Octavio =-=-=-
Octavio load his crossbow before walking to the circle. Melinda, in her full plate, a large shield ready and a longsword unsheated take a defensive position. "So you are Khairi's friend. Let's see if your skill are as good as your friend."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Before combat start, you can ready an action that can be trigger from teh moment the combat start.

Roll for initiative.[/SBLOCK]

-=-=-= Khairi =-=-=-
Khairi walk to teh circle and take his place in front of his opponent. His opponent have a chain in his hands that he spins in the air slowly. He looks at the Sairundani with a calm, he doesn't seems affected by the crowd who cheers the finalist.

Khairi hears a voice among the competitor "He prefers to react, take your time.". Khairi recognize the voice of Melinda.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Before combat start, you can ready an action that can be trigger from teh moment the combat start.

-=-=-= Semabin =-=-=-

Semabin chooses his two scimitars and walks outside. Kwella walks next to him. "I'll show you that you'll need to learn a few things, and among them, it is not to overestimate your skills. Weilding two scimitars is not an easy tasks, for a dervish, maybe, but you should have chosen ligther weapon to start with. You'll see, with my two short sword, I'll haev easier time than you, because I know my limits."

On that Kwella walks to his side of the circle and draw his two shortword. He salutes Semabin and prepare for the fight.

BigB

First Post
Khairi wielding two scimitars watches the dwarf concentrating on his movements and rhythm of the chain. He will ready an attack with scimitar should the opportunity present itself.

initiative = 10

Khairi calls out to Octavio As long as you can avoid her blade you will be fine, but slip up once and it could be over that quick. She is a beautiful one but she hits with the force of a giant. Do not underestimate her skill.

Last edited:

Heckler

First Post
Octavio returns Khairi's call, "And yours is a tricksy one. Hold tight your weapon and stand your ground."

Turning to his opponent, "Friend Khairi says you are a beauty. 'Tis a pity you hide it under all that mail. I'll have to find a way to remove you from it," he says with a wink."

ooc: Ready an action to feint if she enters a square I threaten.

initiative: 1d20+3=4

grrr build a dex based fighter and I haven't won init once :mad:

Knight Otu

First Post
Semabin smiles and nods at Kwella's words. "'Breaking traditions is a Sairundani tradition', Holuti always said, 'but where would we be if we did not break that last tradition as well?'" he quotes one of the Zephyr advisors, relating that dervishes in training are supposed to try and use scimitars.

Semabin gets in position, readying to strike Kwella if he reaches him.
(Initiative (1d20+3=14))

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Just a note that each combat happen at different time. You can talk in other's combat time but just note you are standing outside the circle while you do it and you are not figthing. Octavio's combat happen firt, Khairi's combat is the second to happen and Semabin is the last one.[/SBLOCK]

-=-=-= Octavio =-=-=-
"You can always try." answers Melinda. Reynold gives the signal of teh start. Melinda charges at Octavio and swing her sword who barely hit but slide on the armor without leaving a scratch on Octavio who feint of being thrown unbalance on the blow and see an opening in Melinda's defence.

-=-=-= Khairi =-=-=-
As Reynold announce tehs tart of the combat, the chainmaster walks to teh center of the circle while his chain make a large circle around him.

[SBLOCK=OOC]I'm not sure where you have read your opponeent is a dwarf, as he is human...[/SBLOCK]

-=-=-= Semabin =-=-=-
"Wise word, but when you are on the field of combat, you generally loose only one combat, your last." answers Kwella. Reynold lower his arm to announce the start of the combat, and Semabin seems to have time to react before Kwella move.

Velmont

First Post
-=-=-= Octavio =-=-=-
Octavio trust his rapier toward Melinda, but his feint have thrown him too much off balance and his rapier doesn't even touch her. She quickly react and strike at Octavio who tries to dodge it, but she connect with him who feels the heavy hit.

[SBLOCK=Status]Melinda: 0 damage
Octavio: 7 damages[/SBLOCK]

-=-=-= Khairi =-=-=-
Khairi charges his opponent whose chain continue to whirl around him, as Khairi enter in range, he feels the chain grappling one of his leg. His opponent tries to trip Khairi who stand firm but before he can try to pull on the chain, the chainmaster release it and in a flick, he grab the other leg, trying to trip Khairi again. unable to do so, he quickly release his chain but it's now too late for him to block Khairi whose sword connect with his opponent.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Chainmaster failed his trip attempt on his AoO.
Khairi failed to trip his opponent back.
Chainmaster failed his trip attempt on his ready action.
Khairi failed to trip his opponent back.
Khairi hit for 7 damages (it wasn't a critical hit, as teh roll was an unmodified 12).

Chainmaster: 7 damages
Khairi: 0 damage[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads