• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dice Questions?

Zander

Explorer
Kevin Cook said:
I cant speak for the d7 as I dont know the designer ... but I know it does roll fair
I had a long chat with Lou Zocchi after that article about my collection appeared last year. Lou said that the d7 he used to sell is not, after all, fair; certainly not as fair as the d5.

Fairness, though, is a scale. As an absolute state for dice, it only exists in theory. If we take as our standard of "fair" so-called shop dice, the plastic d7 is unfair but the d5 is.

Of course, all this assumes a "fair" throw. In theory, an unfair die with an unfair throw results in a fair outcome if the two kinds of unfairness exactly counter each other. In theory anyway...

Zander
(Alexander @ The Dice Maniacs' Club)

Kevin Cook

Explorer
Raloc said:
Putting up all those pics must take ages.

Actually its not that bad

As a software engineer ... I wrote a program that looks for files with dates later than the last update I made ... and collects them for upload

With a fast broadband connection ... it really doesnt take that long

Raloc

First Post
Ah, that's good thinking. I'm a developer too. In the process of writing a D&D chat client for my group.

I wish I had nearly as nice a dice collection as you though :p

maddman75

First Post
My sister is an artist, and wanted to make a sculpture of a dragon made out of gaming dice. She'd planned to get the dice by collecting extras from gamers. The project was abandoned when she realized that to a gamer, there is no such thing as extra dice.

Kevin Cook

Explorer
maddman75 said:
My sister is an artist, and wanted to make a sculpture of a dragon made out of gaming dice. She'd planned to get the dice by collecting extras from gamers. The project was abandoned when she realized that to a gamer, there is no such thing as extra dice.

eBay ... there are Tons of junk dice there

Remove ads