D&D General Dice Tray with spots for die types/size?

aco175

Legend
Stop, I'm in the rabbit hole. But this gift is cool if you have the time and patience to make it.

1625764532675.png

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
It's got extra dice slots you don't need unless you're playing DCC RPG, but here's one: Weird Dice Chain Tray – Assorted Colors|Goodman Games Store

You know what? This might have been what I was remembering, because I have definitely seen them before - but why the inclusion of the non-standard dice? - I worry about that leading to confusion as well. It would have made more sense to do two rows of one set each. Fifteen bucks + shipping seems like a lot of that piece of plastic too - but I'd pay it for a gift if it were just slightly different. Sigh.

I have a newbie player in one of my campaigns who consistently has a hard time choosing the right dice. Grabs the d12 for the d20. Takes a long time to identify the d10 vs. the d8, stuff like that. I am purchasing gifts for my players and would love to get him some kind of dice tray and/or storage thing that has labeled spots (or spots that could be labelled) for the different types of dice - even if it were only one set at a time (heck, that might be preferable). So literally, something that has grooves for d4, d6, d8, d10 (maybe two for percentile dice), d12, d20.

I thought I had seen such a product before - but my googling this morning has turned up nothing. I have found some dice storage/trays that have pockets for different sets - but that is not quite what I am looking for. I would really love to get him something that clearly singles out each type of die.

Anyone ever seen something like this or know of a solution that is gift-worthy?
To keep track of spell slots, I use a weekly pill case with the tops cut off. It is relatively cheap, and it looks decent. Something like that might work for your player.

Slightly off topic: Have you tried a dice set that uses a bright primary colour for each different die type, so they could identify them quickly by colour?

I backed a kickstarter that made sets like that - with nice big clean numbers for high visibility - and it's been a great help, especially with new players.
I'm just interested in easily read dice! So many sets look neat, but are difficult to read.

DCC RPG uses the nonstandard dice. But I'm with you on the price-point, and I play DCC RPG. I'm kinda surprised there's nothing like what you're looking for on Etsy (or at least, I couldn't find anything with a quick search).

You know what? This might have been what I was remembering, because I have definitely seen them before - but why the inclusion of the non-standard dice? - I worry about that leading to confusion as well. It would have made more sense to do two rows of one set each. Fifteen bucks + shipping seems like a lot of that piece of plastic too - but I'd pay it for a gift if it were just slightly different. Sigh.

aco175

Legend
I think just something like this is all I really need - maybe I can custom print a mousepad or something
In the Critgames site I linked above, you can buy the colored dice for $5/set or $15/5sets. It did not look like you get the dice card with it though. A mouse pad in the bottom of a rolling tray might look good.

Remove ads