Did you know there's a review section here?

I just posted a review of Heroes of High Favor: Dwarves. Its my second review in which I'm trying a more "complete" review style.

Expect a review of Half-Orcs and one of Oathbound up soon.

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Mistwell said:
I feel lame saying this, but it still remains a mystery to me how you post a review. What am I missing? Where is the option to enter a review?

You need to go to the review section, sign up over their as that account is different from here. After that you need to log in and then the option to post a review should appear. Have you been able to do any of these?

Crothian

First Post
Khan the Warlord said:
I just posted a review of Heroes of High Favor: Dwarves. Its my second review in which I'm trying a more "complete" review style.

Expect a review of Half-Orcs and one of Oathbound up soon.

That's cool, I saw it was up but I haven't read it yet.

Crothian

First Post
Khan the Warlord said:

I just read your newest and noticed that you and I are a bit... wordy. :p

Oh, and we're from Ohio too, you're roughly 60 miles from me. OSU fan?

Ya, I'm a bit wordy. THe more I can tell someone about what's in the book, the better they can decide if it'll be useful to them. Just by saying that I like it should not get someone to buy a product. So, I need to get across what is good and bad in a book and hopefully the reader will be able to judge the content for himself.

Born and bread Buckeye here. Where the heck's Hillsboro anyway? I'm familiar with most of the state but that place doesn't ring a bell.

Crothian said:

Ya, I'm a bit wordy. THe more I can tell someone about what's in the book, the better they can decide if it'll be useful to them. Just by saying that I like it should not get someone to buy a product. So, I need to get across what is good and bad in a book and hopefully the reader will be able to judge the content for himself.

I'm in complete agreement. :)

Born and bread Buckeye here. Where the heck's Hillsboro anyway? I'm familiar with most of the state but that place doesn't ring a bell.

Hillsboro is about 60 miles south of Columbus, 20 miles from Wilmington, 40 miles from Chillicothe, 35 or so miles from Washington C.H., 60 miles from Cincy, about 45 miles from Dayton.

That give ya an idea? Basically, Hillsboro is a small city surrounded by larger ones.

Crothian

First Post
Khan the Warlord said:
Hillsboro is about 60 miles south of Columbus, 20 miles from Wilmington, 40 miles from Chillicothe, 35 or so miles from Washington C.H., 60 miles from Cincy, about 45 miles from Dayton.

That give ya an idea? Basically, Hillsboro is a small city surrounded by larger ones.

I know the area, just not familiar with the city. So, yo ua Buckeye fan? We're flying high this year, number six in the country and undefeated so far. It's going to be a great fall from grace like, possible the best since the Trojans stoppped us in 98 I think it was.

On to the reviews, Wild Spellcraft might be finished and posted tonight. It was a faster read then I was expecting. I like to sit back and reread the book I'm reviewing and I do read them cover to cover.

Any other suggestions for reviews? Wild Spellcraft tonight, Monster Manual 2 later this week, then after that anything goes.

Crothian, did you mean to review the print version? I think you posted it on the pdf version. Aside from that, I personally think you rated it too high (I would've given it a 3), but heck, in hindsight a lot of people tend to feel dissatisfied with their own work, so I'll trust your opinion over mine. If I had to do it again, though, I would've added more 'crunch'. I would have included different ways to implement wild spellcasting. Heck, each of those small ideas in chapter 2 could've used a page of fleshing out on their own.

Thanks for the review, though! :)

Crothian

First Post
RangerWickett said:
Crothian, did you mean to review the print version? I think you posted it on the pdf version. Aside from that, I personally think you rated it too high (I would've given it a 3), but heck, in hindsight a lot of people tend to feel dissatisfied with their own work, so I'll trust your opinion over mine. If I had to do it again, though, I would've added more 'crunch'. I would have included different ways to implement wild spellcasting. Heck, each of those small ideas in chapter 2 could've used a page of fleshing out on their own.

Thanks for the review, though! :)

I did review the print version, but I just went back and that was the only listing for Wild Spellcraft I could find. Is there a different place to review the print version from the pdf version?

I gave it a 4 because you have very good ideas. Heck, I stopped reading chapter 2 to post a character idea in House Rules using an alt Wizard. In my reviews I do tend to favor the products who give good ideas and whose work really gets those creative juices flowing. Your book did do this. Now, if you take all those little ideas from the second chapter and expand them in a web enhancement, I'd be all for that. I think this book could easily be expanded into a great sourcebook three times it's size.

Remove ads