D&D General Differences Between D&D Boards

CapnZapp

Legend
Yeah. People need to lighten up.
Well, no, my point was that rpg.net is moderating ttrpgs as if people's identity, self-worth, and outlook on the future were at stake. You know, like when you discuss politics or gender identity.

If you say something hurtful on the topic of abortion, or transsexuality, or gun control, that can come across as incredibly hurtful and create a bitter discussion climate.

But if I criticize your pretend Elf Barbarian, or somebody's rule for Hit Point recovery in a fictional fantasy game, that doesn't quite reach that level of acrimony... not in my book, at least.

Zapp

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Mod Note:

Hey, folks. Some of you may have missed this back on the first page of the thread....

Just to get this out there in advance -- the thread is fine, but what we're NOT going to do is say mean things about another community. Feel free to say what you enjoy about other forums, but there's no need to insult anybody. Be nice.

And then this on the second...

OK, we're not going to talk about politics, even by proxy when describing other forums.

And then this on the third...
Morrus said:
I thought I was pretty clear we weren’t going to use this thread to attack other boards. I don’t want to have to close this down, but I’ll repeat: talk about what you like about other boards. We’re not going to be the type of place that defines itself by how it tears down others. Calling moderators on other forums names very much falls within that.

Maybe you can see the theme, now, that it is pointed out.

So, please folks, stop with trashing on other communities and their moderation. It is a bit of cross-community respect we should be cultivating.

Remove ads