• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Digital Seed - Season 1, Pilot (Cyberpunk M&M PbP)

threshel

First Post
Kluge

Kirala said:
"Robo? Kirala doesn’t know 'robo' word."

Kluge replies absently, in that soft voice that means he's really somewhere else. "No? It's an old word for cyber..."

Last edited:

Evil Ujio

First Post
threshel said:
"Resume tour." He tells the avatar. "Show me the cooler."

The avatar continues the tour and opens a large two door freezer into a 10 by 10 room with meat hooks and shelves along the sides, “This is an industrial strength cooler capable of achieving temperatures of 200 below zero, Fahrenheit of course.”

She continues the tour, “How long will you need your lease for sir?”

Meanwhile in the car, Kirala notices an SUV that has been following her for the last three blocks and turns. The speed is moderate, obeying the laws but the fact that it is there looming, is a concern… or maybe not.

Unit-12

“Excuse me mister, are you a full-conversion cyborg?” a young girl says looking at the dirty artificial-intelligence, “you look like one of my brother’s action figures. What is your name? Do you live here? I live over there with my mom and my brother, I like my house. My mom works hard, what do you do for work?” the girl inquires holding schoolbooks against her chest, she looks to be maybe nine years of age.

threshel

First Post
Kluge

Evil Ujio said:
She continues the tour, “How long will you need your lease for sir?”
"The exact timeframe is variable. At least a week. This is one of many sites receiving advanced teams, and the nature of the investigation is fluid. That is all I'm permitted to say. We will pay for one month up front with option to renew at the end of the month. Is that acceptable?"

Evil Ujio

First Post
threshel said:
"The exact timeframe is variable. At least a week. This is one of many sites receiving advanced teams, and the nature of the investigation is fluid. That is all I'm permitted to say. We will pay for one month up front with option to renew at the end of the month. Is that acceptable?"

The avatar responds, “Well such a fluid contract would require that we increase our price to 4000 dollars a month, but with the option that you can terminate at any time, though each month must be paid in full. If that is all I can draft up a contract or is there anything else you would like?”

Elfy

First Post
Kirala

Upon noting the lingering sports utility vehicle behind her, Kirala subtly deviates from her original course through the streets, making no sudden changes to her speed so as to avoid arousing any suspicion just in case they are actually being followed by someone. She works their way over to the nearest automatic carwash business, drives up to the first available automatic washing bay, and stops at the selection station. She presses the button that lowers down her window, reaches into her pocket and grabs some funds, makes her selection for a simple cleaning, and places the money into its slots. Once it clears her to continue on in, she presses the button that raises her window back up and drives into the automatic washing bay. Once she’s moved her car onto the appropriate spot, she stops her car and puts the engine in neutral, but she keeps the engine running just in case she suddenly needs to make haste after coming out of the washing bay.

Evil Ujio

First Post
Elfy said:
Upon noting the lingering sports utility vehicle behind her, Kirala subtly deviates from her original course through the streets, making no sudden changes to her speed so as to avoid arousing any suspicion just in case they are actually being followed by someone. She works their way over to the nearest automatic carwash business, drives up to the first available automatic washing bay, and stops at the selection station. She presses the button that lowers down her window, reaches into her pocket and grabs some funds, makes her selection for a simple cleaning, and places the money into its slots. Once it clears her to continue on in, she presses the button that raises her window back up and drives into the automatic washing bay. Once she’s moved her car onto the appropriate spot, she stops her car and puts the engine in neutral, but she keeps the engine running just in case she suddenly needs to make haste after coming out of the washing bay.
Kirala sees the SUV, blue-black in color roll by very slowly, before it disappears around the corner moving at normal speed once more. She loses sight of it, and there is silence. The machine starts up ready to clean her car.

Kluge

Kluge gets a 35 on his Computer check, he can tell someone is tapping the line and despite their attempts to cover their tracks.

Kluge senses something else, a back line being tapped by a somewhat talented hacker, if only they had done a better job covering their tracks and he would not have noticed. But it looks like the hacker is just observing his interactions with the avatar. It is obvious that the hacker does not recognize that Kluge is aware of his presence.

threshel

First Post
Kluge

Evil Ujio said:
The avatar responds, “Well such a fluid contract would require that we increase our price to 4000 dollars a month, but with the option that you can terminate at any time, though each month must be paid in full. If that is all I can draft up a contract or is there anything else you would like?”

"Acceptable. Continue tour." While watching the tour, he begins "hidden" subroutines on site conversion: cost estimates for armored window shutters, enhanced security systems with automated defensive fixtures, and sensor dampeners. Modifications that will take weeks to complete. Once the flurry of activity is in place, he hides his own trace routines within them in order to track his piggybacker.

Kluge is attempting to hold the hacker's interest and implant misinformation about the nature of the job and how long it will be until we attempt it. He's also trying to give the impression that he's obliviously hard at work, while attempting to trace the hacker unnoticed.

Kluge disconnects his audio line, so that he can speak freely. "Kirala, I've got a piggy," He opens his eyes to look around, "Maybe you should see if you've..." A grin spreads under his distant eyes, when he sees they're in a carwash. "Anyone you know?"

Last edited:

Evil Ujio

First Post
threshel said:
"Acceptable. Continue tour." While watching the tour, he begins "hidden" subroutines on site conversion: cost estimates for armored window shutters, enhanced security systems with automated defensive fixtures, and sensor dampeners. Modifications that will take weeks to complete. Once the flurry of activity is in place, he hides his own trace routines within them in order to track his piggybacker.

Kluge is attempting to hold the hacker's interest and implant misinformation about the nature of the job and how long it will be until we attempt it. He's also trying to give the impression that he's obliviously hard at work, while attempting to trace the hacker unnoticed.

Kluge disconnects his audio line, so that he can speak freely. "Kirala, I've got a piggy," He opens his eyes to look around, "Maybe you should see if you've..." A grin spreads under his distant eyes, when he sees they're in a carwash. "Anyone you know?"

The would-be hacker rolls a 14 total check, while Kluge outclasses him with a 28. The Hacker has skill and is competent but simply outclassed by Kluge in this arena. He can tell from the level protocols, firewalls, and methods use by a company man, using a mobile interface. The line is private, but is using a backdoor access via a VSC encrypted line. Cracking into the actual line would be tough even for Kluge.

The avatar continues the tour with a curt smile and nod, looking quite pleased at the potential sale. The hacker still continues to monitor Kluge and his activities. The hacker has yet to disengage his surveillance.

Kluge follows the avatar into the main room of the structure, and finds the room looks different…

A Hack! The avatar takes a few tentative steps forward before it freezes in mid sentence…

For Virtual combat the rules will be simple, INT replaces Strength, WIS replaces Dexterity, and Charisma replaces Constitution for relevant combat rolls. Datalink can be used once per round to boost one of your rolls by the level of the skill or to perhaps try and data hack your opponent. Computer skill is still used for hacking programs but to hack people you need to use your skill/ability in Datalink to do so. Mind Hacking someone is pretty much the same as dominating them. If you have further questions ask in the OOC thread… yes virtual combat may be imminent for you Kluge.

Elfy

First Post
Kirala

Kirala cheerfully sits at the driver’s seat while quietly bouncing her head and tail slightly about in sync to the rhythm of the Latino music playing out of her audio system speakers as the automatic carwash system starts to engage and squirts out its initial foam spray onto her sedan. As the systems spray her sedan down, concealing it under a layer of foam, she moves one hand down to where her security-ignition system is and presses several buttons. Unbeknownst to Kulge, and concealed from observing eyes by the cleaning foam, Kirala’s sedan changes colors from dark red to dark green, the windows polarize, becoming completely reflective from the outside while remaining perfectly see-though from the inside, and the license plate rotates to a different plate. In answer to Kludge’s suspicions, the feline-like Moreau looks towards him, still cheerfully smiling, and replies, "Kirala not recognize tracker-car."

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Unit-12

Evil Ujio said:
“Excuse me mister, are you a full-conversion cyborg?” a young girl says looking at the dirty artificial-intelligence, “you look like one of my brother’s action figures. What is your name? Do you live here? I live over there with my mom and my brother, I like my house. My mom works hard, what do you do for work?” the girl inquires holding schoolbooks against her chest, she looks to be maybe nine years of age.

Unit-12 drops to one knee to get a better look at the girl. Curious. I've not had the chance to interact with immature humans yet. This female is small... and out of proportion. Curious. *Auto Responder Active: Inquiries about origins/status of organics *

"This unit holds Full Crome Job designation." he pauses. "...I ...am known as Unit-12. I do not live here... but I think that man over there lying by the dumpster does. This unit's capabilities include hardened security, warfare, a moderate amount of stealth, defense, and quite possibly assassination. Does that answer suffice?" Without waiting for an answer he launches a barrage of questions at the little girl.

"What are those blocks you are carrying? They look to be cardboard & paper...are they books?"
"What subjects do they cover? May I examine one?"
"What is an action figure?"
"What does the word 'best' mean to you? Does it hold a different meaning when applied to mechanical lubricants?"
"Why is your head so large?"
"How do you move in a coordinated fashion when your limbs are out of proportion?"
"Does your constant state of growth cause you any pain?"
"Interesting... your nose is out of alignment witht he rest of your face by approximately 2.42 degrees. Did you know that?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads