• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Digital Seed - Season 1, Pilot (Cyberpunk M&M PbP)

threshel

First Post
Evil Ujio said:
When Kluge turns he sees a woman, she wears a white mask, and she looks animated like a cartoon. She has a slim, sensual build and wears a white leather bodysuit; in one hand is a sword, equally white, her hair is blonde. But the mask covers her face, hiding any features if any the avatar or echo could have.

“Running a trace are we, just a little bit paranoid, I see. What if I just wanted to say hi in my own special way? But really you don’t have anything to fear from me, I just anted to propose a deal, you deliver your precious cargo to me, and I will double what your current employer is offering… what do you say?” she says waiting for a reply.

"Double? Don't insult me." Kluge keeps the trace running, and brings up a counter of his progress for both of them to see. The green readout counts down by milliseconds, giving the impression of rapidity as the numbers blur. "Less than a minute left. Then I know everything about you I need to know." His cursor eyes continue their stutter-sync blink. "I really hope this isn't your best masking scheme. How would you ever hide from me?"

Kluge lets the question hang in the air for half a second, then continues. "I don't like people interfering with my business. I don't break contracts. You think I'd still be working in this town if I just sold out to whoever had the most money?" Kluge makes a point of sniffing the air. "Smells like company tactics to me. Maybe you are a company cog."

Those cursor eyes shift towards the counter, briefly. "If you're obligated to make an offer, make your best one now."

Evil Ujio

First Post
threshel said:
"Double? Don't insult me." Kluge keeps the trace running, and brings up a counter of his progress for both of them to see. The green readout counts down by milliseconds, giving the impression of rapidity as the numbers blur. "Less than a minute left. Then I know everything about you I need to know." His cursor eyes continue their stutter-sync blink. "I really hope this isn't your best masking scheme. How would you ever hide from me?"

Kluge lets the question hang in the air for half a second, then continues. "I don't like people interfering with my business. I don't break contracts. You think I'd still be working in this town if I just sold out to whoever had the most money?" Kluge makes a point of sniffing the air. "Smells like company tactics to me. Maybe you are a company cog."

Those cursor eyes shift towards the counter, briefly. "If you're obligated to make an offer, make your best one now."

She laughs, “Amusing, I see that you have some sense of your worth, well I am prepared to offer an extra zero to the end of whatever petty offer that charlatan could give you. You would be stupid to turn it down, but if you wan to play games we can. We will be in touch,” she winks, “cutey.”

She disappears leaving the system and the avatar continues, as if nothing happened. She turns, “So is everything to your liking sir?”

Elfy

First Post
Kirala

Kirala replies to Unit-12’s question, "Kirala not know. He maybe know."

She waves, tilts her head slightly, and smiles cutely at the person that appears to be a little human girl and says, "Myaaah."

As the driver of the SUV steps out of his vehicle and starts approaching them, Kirala looks to Kludge and **poke pokes** him with her finger several times on his nearest cheek. She says to him, since he apparently didn’t hear her the first time, "Tracker-cars back now. Man approaching. Kirala feel is bad-man." She then directs Kludge attention towards Unit-12 by pointing at him and asking Kludge, "Is Robo-Muscle? Has kitten partner?"

threshel

First Post
Kluge

Evil Ujio said:
She disappears leaving the system and the avatar continues, as if nothing happened. She turns, “So is everything to your liking sir?”

"Yeah. Absolutely," Kluge answers dryly, "Send me the contract. Here's one month up front." Kluge transfers 4000 from the anonymous account they were given as up-front money, then jacks out.

He blinks rapidly and looks around while returning the bundle in his hand to it's pocket. Big robot, little girl, man in black suit, Kirala's still behind the wheel. He opens his door and stands, looks up at the tall 'bot, and jacks a thumb towards the little girl. "Unit-12? Transport her to a safe perimeter." Not moving from his place behind the car's door, he calls to the man in the black suit. "Hello! What can I do for you today?"

Lobo Lurker

First Post
threshel said:
He opens his door and stands, looks up at the tall 'bot, and jacks a thumb towards the little girl. "Unit-12? Transport her to a safe perimeter."

Unit-12's sensor band intensifies a bit as he focuses in on Kludge. "Contact: acquired. Logging: enabled. Affirmative." Without looking, he scoops up Vicky and sprints toward the nearest cover (be it back toward the dumpsters or toward houses). Unit-12 does his best to shield the girl with his body. As he sprints off with inhuman speed, you can't help but notice that his apparant damage doesn't seem to hold him back at all.

OOC: Super-speed active (+5' movement, +2 AC, +2 Reflex saves, +2 Initiative)

Evil Ujio

First Post
threshel said:
Not moving from his place behind the car's door, he calls to the man in the black suit. "Hello! What can I do for you today?"

The man stops about twenty feet from the vehicle, “You are in danger, I represent Vanguard Secure Computing and I have been tracking a dangerous and malfunctioning android unit,” his gaze follows Unit-12 as moves with great speed to deposit the child who is squealing with enjoyment.

“You should desist and move along, this is corporate business and none of your concern,” he gestures to the vehicle behind him and it creeps forward slowly. He turns back to Kluge, “You have 15 seconds citizen.”

threshel

First Post
Kluge

"Yep, he looks positively apocalyptic." Kluge says, watching Unit-12 hauling the girl to safety. "Sorry to have interfered in company business." Kluge slides back into the car, and closes the door. Turning towards Kirala, he says, "Tell me the truth: Can you outrun these guys?"

Elfy

First Post
Kirala

Kirala looks at the SUV in the distance in front of them and replies to Kluge’s question, "Myah. Kirala-car faster and turn better than tracker-soov." She looks in the rearview mirror at the sedan in the distance behind them. "Kirala-car probably faster than tracker-car. Myoo." She looks to Kluge and says to him, "Blue cars might spot-track if fast running. Myoo." Of course, she’s referring to catching the attention of the city police by speeding through the city roadways. She continues, "Kirala-car lost tracker-cars once. Tracker-cars found Kirala-car again. Kirala not sure tracker-cars not find Kirala-car again again," emphasizing that they seem especially good at locating her for some reason and that they might very well find her a third time even if she does loose them again. She asks, "What Kluge-plan?"

Evil Ujio

First Post
Elfy said:
Kirala looks at the SUV in the distance in front of them and replies to Kluge’s question, "Myah. Kirala-car faster and turn better than tracker-soov." She looks in the rearview mirror at the sedan in the distance behind them. "Kirala-car probably faster than tracker-car. Myoo." She looks to Kluge and says to him, "Blue cars might spot-track if fast running. Myoo." Of course, she’s referring to catching the attention of the city police by speeding through the city roadways. She continues, "Kirala-car lost tracker-cars once. Tracker-cars found Kirala-car again. Kirala not sure tracker-cars not find Kirala-car again again," emphasizing that they seem especially good at locating her for some reason and that they might very well find her a third time even if she does loose them again. She asks, "What Kluge-plan?"

Kirala can tell just by the sound of the engines that the SUV is not tuned enough to keep pace with her. But the sedan may be a problem it will come down more to driver skill then actual speed though, and tat is were Kirala shines after all, so the threat may not be as great as it sounds unless the driver is competent…

The corporate tug turns his path towards Unit-12 already dismissing Kirala and Kluge and focusing on his real target…

threshel

First Post
Kluge

"I don't really have a plan." Kluge admits sheepishly. "I'm just kinda makin this up as I go along. I don't want a wild chase in the streets, either, but I don't want to just leave him...it to those corporate slavers." He looks back and forth from the SUV to the sedan.

Kluge is trying to see if they have inflated (as opposed to solid) tires.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads