Digressions, Discussions, and Discursions: Snarf's Splendiferous Scrolls

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
It's been a year, so I'm collecting and sorting my past essays on this thread. Mostly because I realize I was about to start writing something I wrote about last year!

There are roughly organized by topic, but not by date.

HERE IS THE SECOND PART!!!! (Mostly RPG History, Pop Culture, and Jon Peterson)
HERE IS THE THIRD PART.
HERE IS THE FOURTH PART.

1. The Gygaxian Multiverse, or why the infinite number of planes is, like, wicked cool.

2. Deities, Demigods, and Alignment in D&D, or the hidden link between Jim Morrison, Kanye, and and Divine Ascension.

3. Aspects of D&D and Society and Playing Style, or the murdering of hobos.

4. General History of D&D, or Magic Users get d4 for a reason.

5. Greyhawk, Greyhawk, Greyhawk

6. Thoughts on 5e (usually in relation to 1e)

7. Deep Divez on Stupid Rulez (aka, the -10 to Drizzt to TWF to Ranger Series)

8. Other Stuff (Some Theory, Skilled Play & Role Play, and so on)

9. Geek Culture

Last edited:

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I hope you have all these backed up somewhere. There was a former poster who deleted all their posts after a bad run-in with the mods.

Snarf Zagyg

I hope you have all these backed up somewhere. There was a former poster who deleted all their posts after a bad run-in with the mods.

Ouch!

That seems effortful. I don't have the patience to edit my typos; I can't imagine someone having the wherewithal to find all of their old posts and deleting them.

Snarf Zagyg

I second this. Such a great collection of articles that could be lost by saying the wrong thing. BACKUP!

I appreciate the compliment (to quote my parents, "The two things in life that keep us going are compliments and scotch"), but I'm starting to get concerned that multiple people have warned me that it's all likely to disappear.

I met a poster from an old forum,
Who said- "A small and written biography
Remains on enworld .... near it, to the right,
A little-remembered visage lies, whose laugh,
And curled lip, and sneer of many allusions,
Tell me that its creator wrote of many things,
And all that remains is one post:
My name is Snarf Zagyg, King of Kings;
Look on my Words, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and barren internet stretch far away."

Snarf Zagyg

Moar geek culture plz.

I've edited to add the action heroes post.* See, I do take requests!

But this is why I only sporadically post deep-dives on pop/geek culture. As much fun as I have writing them (the cannoli and action heroes are two of my favorite posts) they don't seem to engage people much- they have the fewest reactions and the fewest responses. I mean- Cannoli and Action Hero have one, combined like, and 30 combined comments from people other than me.

Jokes as bad as the ones in action heroes and structuring long posts about cannolis to resemble the work of Hokusai requires effort! Or, at a minimum, the irresponsible and depraved scratchings of a person with the demented demeanor driven by the depths of an ether binge.

*I may continue adding to this post, or create a new placeholder given this is getting unwieldy.

Snarf Zagyg

DelectableGloomyAndeancat-size_restricted.gif

Final bump for this. Fade to black.

Remove ads