Pathfinder 2E Discussing a new PF2 healing paradigm

CapnZapp

Legend
I mostly agree, though there is the issue that removing that rule makes the refocusing feats most focus casters get at level 12ish and 18 become much less valuable. This may or may not be a thing you want, but it's definitely a thing.
This is unfortunately a recurring issue.

Each time you wish to create a house rule to skip some pesky restriction, whether in advance or on the fly, you're bound to trample right over a feat or eleventyseven.

Filthy Lucre

Explorer
PF2 healing options are misaligned to the needs and expectations of the game.
I don't understand. PF2e is literally awash with out-of-combat healing. Our parties fighter heals the entire group to pretty much full after each combat encounter without magic.

2nd Continual Recovery
3rd Ward Medic

Our fighter can heal 2 people at once every 10 minutes for 2d8 + 10.

Also simulationism/3.5 era was the GOAT don't @ me.

Last edited:

Filthy Lucre

Explorer
Hint: Don't just read the very first sentence next time, keep reading the immediately following paragraph as well. It is there for one reason only: to explain that first sentence. (y)
Nah, I can tell when a post is just complaining for the sake of complaining/creating a problem for the sake of complaining.

You're proposing all these additional rules/concepts that are completely unnecessary... as I have demonstrated above.

CapnZapp

Legend
Nah, I can tell when a post is just complaining for the sake of complaining/creating a problem for the sake of complaining.

You're proposing all these additional rules/concepts that are completely unnecessary... as I have demonstrated above.
You have "demonstrated" nothing. Except to prove you didn't read my original post longer than the quoted passage. Good bye.

Philip Benz

A Dragontooth Grognard
Earlier this week I ran session 46 of a homebrewed PF2 campaign, and I sincerely think that healing works fine out of the box.

Sure, sometimes I handwave it, instead of requiring rolls. I don't want to waste table time figuring out if healing is going to take 10, 30, 50 minutes or whatever. My players have the system down pat, so very often I can simply take a 5-minute pit stop break and come back and they'll say "we healed everyone to full in "x" minutes, and I'll mark the elapsed time at the bottom of my adventure log sheet.

For me, elapsed time is a sort of count down to specific plot-linked events. Like the undead come out at dusk, or some dangerous foe is set to arrive at a given time, or some plot event will happen at a given time unless the PCs can stop it. Sure, sometimes the elapsed time clock is irrelevant, and the PCs can effectively take whatever amount of time they want. But very often I have an idea of what will happen sooner or later penned into my prep notes.

Cap'n, I have no quarrels with your proposed healing fix. I'm sure it'll work fine for you. I don't think it's really necessary, but if it enhances your gaming experience, why not?

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4