Discussion - General Discussion Thread 2010-17

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hey NP orsal I'm very grateful for all that you did. And I had no ideal that it was your responsibility or I would have pm'ed you about it.

So it would be the judge of the games responsibilty then. Or whoever finishes up for the judge. Got it. :)

Speaking of judges who all is left in LEW as judges seems only a few of you are left hanging out here maybe some promotions for some of the guys who have stuck with you (please don't put me on that list) was thinking like Scott Dewar, covaithe, and some of those guys.

HM

Boddynock

First Post
I dunno if this goes here, but quick question:

I know the Leadership feat is covered, but what about Hirelings? Are those purchaseable?
Interesting question. As far as I know, no-one's asked this question before. There's nothing in the Rules & Mechanics thread about it but a hireling is one of those resources listed in the SRD, so I guess it's a possibility.

Of course, the daily wage for a trained hireling (such as a warrior) is only a baseline, so I'm guessing that while a War 1 would cost 3 sp a day to hire, a War 5 (say) would cost considerably more! If you wanted to go ahead and propose a scale of wages for various levels (have a look at the Job System in the Rules & Mechanics thread to maintain parity), then we could examine that and fine-tune it.

In order to make a proposal, just start a post with "Proposal" in the title (like "Proposal: Hirelings") and put the details of what you propose in the first post. Then the rest of us can make suggestions and help you refine it.

Good luck! ;)

Boddynock

First Post
Speaking of judges who all is left in LEW as judges seems only a few of you are left hanging out here maybe some promotions for some of the guys who have stuck with you (please don't put me on that list) was thinking like Scott Dewar, covaithe, and some of those guys.

HM
Hmm, not a lot of replies - again. Could be worth looking into. covaithe is, in fact, already a judge.

What about it, fellow judges? Any ideas?

(AKA ... bump :p)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Any judges want to close out A Rather Odd Shovel (most recent post) for us? Trouvere, covaithe, Boddynock, and I are all playing in the game, so we can't do it.

Edit: by "close out," I mean, "approve XP and loot." I'm DMing, and the adventure is over.

jkason

First Post
I'm not sure if this is the proper forum or not, but Swamp Trek III hasn't had a DM post in a little over two months, though that did reunite the surviving party members, albeit in a lizardfolk prison camp. Would someone be able to help / tie things up (or untie, as the case may be)?

jason

EDIT: Nevermind and apologies. Looks like our latest bump in the game thread brought the DM back. :)

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hey all I was wondering something.

As Living Pathfinder has completed it's first adventure, I was wondering if the first ever LEW adventure was still around to take a look at.

Thought that might be fun to see. If not I understand it was a while back.

HM

orsal

LEW Judge
Hey all I was wondering something.

As Living Pathfinder has completed it's first adventure, I was wondering if the first ever LEW adventure was still around to take a look at.

Thought that might be fun to see. If not I understand it was a while back.

HM

No problem. Just temporarily set the forum display to sort "by thread start" "ascending" "from the beginning". I did, and found the earliest adventure:
Trek to the Vinyard.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hey thanks great ideal, now for some light reading.

That's what RPing is all about making memorable stories to be told, and enjoyed by others.

HM

Gurdjieff

First Post
Hey LEW-peoples,

It's been a while since I've played here (something like 3 years or so), however I've returned to D&D recently and thus this place got on my radar again. Logging in, I even found a PM about LEW still going strong!
I've loved some of the adventures I've played here, especially fond of my halfline Irene and am planning to reactivate her. She'll probably need some updating though; I don't think I've included her last XP's from Manzanita's M2.5 - Irene Alone nor from Rystil Arden's Bounty of the Endless Sands. That would put me at 9898xp, with no time-based experience awarded for the last one. Question is if that XP is awarded for Bounty of the Endless Sands, as I dropped at the end/when it moved to the combined thread; and if it is awarded, how much?

Either way, I'll try and get her to the RDI soon. I'm curious if any of her old partymembers are still around.

Another question, is Rystil Arden still around? At the end of Irene's last adventure he used her with some NPC action, with a mysterious exit. If that resulted in anything worthwhile/plothooks/whatnot I'll be sure to include it in the character history.

Hoping to be able to get into PbP again,

V

Wow, strange to use this nickname again :D Probably the only place where it's still in use!

Remove ads