Discussion - General Discussion Thread 2010-17

Velmont

First Post
Rystil have been preparing a Mega-Adventure. 7 adventures linked together, most of them DMed by him, a few by other DM. It was to be the biggest event in LEW, but after only a few month, RA disappeared without a warning, missing, never to be seen again. Around the same moment, 4th edition was coming out, the result, LEW got a critical blow and lost many of his players who started to migrate to L4W.

But there have been a group of 3.5 players that decided to take thing into their hands and LEW never died and activity is slowly growing back form what I see.

Gurdjieff

First Post
Pity he vanished, but I suppose it happens to players and DMs alike.

Hopefully I'll be able to be a part of the growing LEW again. It really does add something over normal PbP games, at least for me.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Welcome back to LEW, venus!

And to all the neysayers about the strength of LEW I say :

Pthfffffft!

V, as there has been some words of negative value as to the continuance I had to thumb my nose at them at the announcement of your return. Thank you for this indugence.

Trouvere

Explorer
Hi, Venus! It's great to see someone come back who was around at the very beginning of LEW.

I looked through 'Endless Sands' and agree that Irene has a total of 9898 awarded XP. She's owed 9 months time XP at 4th level = 1800 XP from that adventure, bringing her to 11698 XP and 5th level. 3rd level spells - there's a welcome back present!

Gurdjieff

First Post
Welcome back to LEW, venus!

And to all the neysayers about the strength of LEW I say :

Pthfffffft!

V, as there has been some words of negative value as to the continuance I had to thumb my nose at them at the announcement of your return. Thank you for this indugence.

I live to... err... serve. Or something like that. Glad to be of service!

Irene's currently awaiting approval of a second judge; hopefully she'll enter the Red Dragon Inn somewhere in the next few days.

On a different note, how many active DMs are running around currently, and how full is the RDI? Reading through a couple of threads I'm given the impression there's a lack of adventures. If I find the time in the coming week I might try to work out an adventure (which would be my PbP DM debut!). Is there any specific level range that's been unable to get any games going?

Trouvere

Explorer
There's no reason why Irene can't pop into the RDI immediately. She's been approved for 4th level for a very long time, after all.

The range that's having trouble finding adventures is, hmm... 1-12. It's a bit difficult to say. If no one's talking in the RDI, are they waiting for an adventure, or have they drifted off?

I'm pretty sure all the following are available immediately:

Rasereit Vundinn, male dwarf Barbarian 4 / Fighter 4 [Rae ArdGaoth]
Eanos, male human Monk 7 [jkason]
Nodis Thea, male human Shaper 6 [Someone]
Nurlan Naibi, male human Bard 5 / Fighter 1 [orsal]
Irene, female halfling Illusionist 5 [Venus]
Cay Riggle, male human Psychic Warrior 3 / Fighter 1 [Trouvere]
Ximix, male high elf Cleric 4 [Ximix]
Jamilee Valhaeris, female grey elf Fighter 1 / Necromancer 1 [robichaud]
Reis Moinnael, male half-elf Ranger 2 [Errandir]
Christopher Greeneyes, male katara Sorcerer 1 [Christopher Greeneyes]
Jo Guilan, male half-elf Druid 1 [orsal]
Jonah Stone, male human Druid 1 [HolyMan]

There are some others here and there. Vedry and Elianna are approved 1st level PCs who've yet to appear in the Tavern, for instance. Keldar Warbray and his cohort are kicking about. Tarag is somewhere about. There are three more in 'Swamp Trek' which I think is winding up soon.

Rae has an approved adventure ready to kick off.

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Viktor Talthem level 1 Fighter is about. >.> I was gone, but I'm back, but now I gotta see what Viktor is back as, since I disappeared part way into Holyman's Medusa game.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Rae has an approved adventure ready to kick off.

What level is Rae's adventure? I was thinking this would make a good group: (no rogue but the dwarf can take some trap damage, or avoid it)

Rasereit Vundinn, male dwarf Barbarian 4 / Fighter 4 [Rae ArdGaoth]
Eanos, male human Monk 7 [jkason]
Nodis Thea, male human Shaper 6 [Someone]
Irene, female halfling Illusionist 5 [Venus]
Ximix, male high elf Cleric 4 [Ximix]

And I could shape Part2 of MotM to fit it. But if Rae's adventure needs the higher levels I could take and make a lower level side trek. How does "A Walk in the Park (Jurassic)" sound for an adventure title? :p

HM

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Levels 1-2!

Also, I would think twice about gaming with that group. Razh is L8, and Ximix is L4. Anything that would be challenging for Razh would probably kill Ximix easily, and anything less would just be Razh tanking. Maybe something RP heavy could work, but that's a pretty rag-tag gang already.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
That average party level is 6 so a challenging encounter would be EL 8 which means Razh would have at least one encounter to challenge him. The cleric is of lower level but very useful as an after battle healer or a buffer before combat. Will look into it but first...

Are those players even looking to get into a game?

HM

Remove ads