• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Discussion) General Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruined

Explorer
FYI for you Jack, and any others: I'll be on holiday from 11/12 - 11/15, so don't expect any posts from Kristoff.

Dungannon

First Post
Anyone have any idea when Creamsteak will be rejoining us? Our PbP has stalled out and needs some DM imput to get moving again.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
theRuinedOne said:
FYI for you Jack, and any others: I'll be on holiday from 11/12 - 11/15, so don't expect any posts from Kristoff.

Checks his calendar... I'm assuming you mean this weekend and not a month ago... ;)

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Back from Gencon...tired.

High Points

1:
Played 'D&D', as in original D&D with a,shall we say, 'out of it' Dave Arneson. You know, the guy who was there at the beginning?
For ferretguy,Judd played as well.
Quote:'You see 500 hundred orcs,12 Trolls and 13 Ogres in the room...'

Quote:'You are instantly teleported 500 feet up over Blackmoor Bay, what do you do?'

Quote:'Yeah,yeah, I hate Math, just roll the damned dice. A 15? Yeah,I guess that hits...'

2:I met Brom, my #1 fave artist (I'll be posting a pick of he and I doing the 'metal devils horns' when my friend Robin develops them, so you guys besides ferretguy can see my ugly mug.Brom was humble and really very cool.

3:Um..some stuff that I can't mention on here, ahem..., ferretguy, I'll tell you in person

4:played Warhammer Fantasy RP (my other fave RPG) and I FINALLY got to sell my soul to Tzeentch, Changer of the Ways..right before a Slaneeshi Cultist eviscerated me...still, it was fun.

5: Found some good mexican food (ate there 2 times sat and today as I was heading out of town...Mmm...tamales).

6: Played Warmachine, a very cool minis game.

7:Got to see William Shattner,Virginia Hey (Zahn from farscape and 'the road-warrior-chick',and the 3 amigos from Battlestar Galactica (Dirk Benadict,Richard Hatch and the Boomer guy, forget his name).

8:Impersonated a Bacardi Rep and got many folks to drink at 5am (there are pics...with us taking their IDs as well,they were all 21+...

9:played a new game 'Hall Bowling' with this frickin huge D20 that the RPGA gave away with membership,I mean...some other butt was playing it and I observed him at 5am...

10:A Cheerleader Convention was taking place in the same Convention Center...

Low Points

1::I forgot my bag of Game Books...in the rush to get on the road.
2: Didn't find the good food until Sat, bad sandwiches and pizza before that (Ugh...)

3:No Confrontation games...

4:As usual at these things, everything was selling for retail (you think you'd get a discount for paying 55 bucks to sit around frthe weekend).

5: Dave Arneson's 'Back in the Old Days' stories...they really were worth the game (which was rather like the games you played when you were 12...).

6:That kid who ruined Boba Fett was there...I didn't bite his nose off, regardless of what he did to my childhood hero.

7:Except for Brom and Shattner, the autographs were all 20 bones each...ugh.
This was described on the website as a noiminal fee...

8:There were 1200 people in an area the size of a massive sports stadium...someone is losing their job in the PR/advert departments...
The individual events were all $, from 1.50 to 5 bucks. After the entrance fee, that sort of blowed, you know?

9:Couldn't check Enworld...

10:That Cheerleader Convention (takes a MOMENT to wipe away the tears), was starting right as we were leaving. We were slated to stay another day, see the beach, drive up Hgy 1/the Coast, but one of our guy's wives became really ill, and he wouldn't let up until he was on the way home.
Dammit, we missed the cheerleader convention...

Glad to be Home.

Last edited:

Macbeth

First Post
Sounds like fun, Uriel, nice to have you back.

On another note, the Ruined one, I just relized that my email regarding your character never got sent! I'm not sure where the error was (with me, the school's mail server, or with Netscape), but it never reached my sent mail, so I'm assuming it never got to you. Basically, you only have one minor problem, you built your character based on 32 point buy. If you just adjust your stats to LEW 30 point buy, you'll be fine. Sorry for not getting this to you earlier.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Yep, I am getting to the games as I can, never fear. I only posted that I was back last night/this morning to let folks know.

Off to Update.

Ruined

Explorer
Macbeth said:
On another note, the Ruined one, I just relized that my email regarding your character never got sent! I'm not sure where the error was (with me, the school's mail server, or with Netscape), but it never reached my sent mail, so I'm assuming it never got to you. Basically, you only have one minor problem, you built your character based on 32 point buy. If you just adjust your stats to LEW 30 point buy, you'll be fine. Sorry for not getting this to you earlier.

Cool! I'll see if I can give it a lookover tomorrow.

Macbeth

First Post
theRuinedOne said:
Cool! I'll see if I can give it a lookover tomorrow.
Great! Sorry again for the delay. Still not sure why it didn't send, but did find some other problems in my email (some folders were interfering with others, some still existed, but could not be accessed. All kinds of junk).

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Speakin' of which, any of you recieved the adventure I sent out? (subject something generic like "new adventure", sent from the e-mail in my profile)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads