• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Discussion) General Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
GnomeWorks said:
One of the things I suggested when I requested the firearms portion of my adventure is that they were illegal in/around Orussus, hence only pirates using them.

That should be in one of the emails I sent, or in the proposal itself. But I do remember mentioning that idea... don't know if that puts a damper on your idea, Uriel. ;)

What, no regiments of feral Long-Riflemen!?! Screw the King's laws!!!
:<

Actually, the firearms ideas were for Rivenblight, my maybe-not-to-be-started-City.

We'll see...

The Goblin King

First Post
firearms

I would not like to see guns in the hands of player characters. What if only NPCs have them? Nobody knows where the guns come from. One day they just started showing up in the hands of bad guys. Perhaps not even the low level thugs know where they come from as they deal with intermediaries. It could be a mystery that has to be solved. If you look at the ingredients of black power and the fact that its primary application is to kill: one could come to the conclusion that this stuff is Infernal in origin. The question then becomes who is producing it? If its not very rare then there should be alchemists somewhere in the region who create it. If not, then there could also be a sort of dark silk road which deals in the black powder trade. Who is selling weapons to evil men? Its probably a plot which couldn't be resolved in one adventure. Little bits of the conspiracy would be revealed at a time to different people. If they ever put the pieces togather they might have a chance to unmask the villians.

Dang. I feel like running a game now. Too bad my ambition outstrips my ability. :)

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
WizWrm said:
Does that mean players can acquire them, too? Assuming they can keep them hidden, of course. Also, what rules are being used? They're not in the SRD, but Privateer Press' rules are available publicly.

I am using the firearms rules from Dragon 301, the swashbuckling issue. They have poor range (10 feet for a pistol, for instance), deal not-so-great damage for their range (d8 for a pistol), but they are handled as ranged touch attacks.

Macbeth

First Post
Thomas Hobbes said:
What the Goblin King said. :)

(also, Macbeth, did you recieve my adventure?)
Got the adventure, and I will take a good look at it this afternoon. Looks good so far...

WizWrm

First Post
Would the judges mind taking a look at my final version of the mercurial initiate (end of page 3, v2.6), and the history of the goblins?

Macbeth

First Post
WizWrm said:
Would the judges mind taking a look at my final version of the mercurial initiate (end of page 3, v2.6), and the history of the goblins?
I'm a nit caught up in last minute Christmas buisness at the moment, but I will certainly take look as oon as time allows.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Jack haggerty, I'll Judge your Tidy profit game.Go ahead an edit 'Uriel' in as Judge whenever you like.

happy holidays all, btw...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads