(Discussion) General Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizWrm

First Post
Fine, minutes then. :D

Plus he may get farther anyway, depending on when/where/if he releases Troi and how long it takes to get Troi into positive HP.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Say, Uriel et al., doesn't your adventure have an OOC thread? Not that it's that big a deal that you're talking in this general discussion thread, but it's sort of distracting from the larger conversation we're having about LEW, too. :)

WizWrm

First Post
There's no adventure-specific OOC threads at all, so this is the only applicable thread. It looks like we need a new General discussion anyway, though. Maybe there should be a separate 'Uriel's Campaign' (since we're generating all the chatter) thread when General V starts.

Edit: Er, was just noticing that Mithreander's game has stopped and he hasn't logged in since the 10th. Maybe the judges ought to award them some XP and bring them back to the inn?

Double Edit: And in his profile it says "Family and Roleplaying are my life... unfortunately I have no time for one of those anymore because of the other. "

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
As stated, there are no OoC threads for LEw, so we are stuck with this. We could start some OoC with no problem. My adventure, however, is about 99% finished, with just one person's input (dpdx) before I finish it, so this shouldn't be that big of a problem.

On to another subject Macbeth, perhaps it is time to retire Mithreander's game, although we should email him first one more time to see if he is coming back.
I am in a couple of games with him on the other PbP boards as well, and i would be interested to learn if he plans on returning.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Uriel said:
Firstly, I didn't insult anyone. If you are referring to my water balloon comment, I am sorry if that offended you.

that was off the cuff, she's picked on for testing this item to see if it willdo any damage and then you lightly mock the fact that it won't do any damage... see the confusion?

As I stated,I was just wondering why you didn't post anything here first, since this thread fascilitates the illusion of the 'table' in the game. You didn't have to
post here first, you are free to do whatever you like IC, but in the past, you had posted OoC posts in conjunction with your IC ones.

Do you mean here? I'd made out of campaign comments in my posts, but I actually hadn't realized there was table talk here until after I posted. More importantly, we are still on initative. As far as I'm concerned, kirin is attacking the feral druid with what is in her hand (to make room to get her sling out) on her next action available after the big nasty goes down (in a tabletop game, she probably would have done it after moving 20 feet rather than spend her whole round on movement, but PbP requires some adjucating on the fly.) There is no conversation possible in this situation - technicly with the amount thats been said so far, troi would already be dead from his second fort save by the time the druid negotiated a surender... :eek:

;)

Kahuna Burger

dpdx

Explorer
Uriel said:
My adventure, however, is about 99% finished, with just one person's input (dpdx) before I finish it, so this shouldn't be that big of a problem.
Apologies to all involved; have been laid out with a cold the past day and a half. Will head out forthwith to react in Feral Smackdown.

I'm fine with a separate OOC thread; however, keep in mind that one of the gripes at large re: LEW is clutter.

WizWrm

First Post
dpdx said:
Could somebody (Rurik, if need be) possibly Bluff that Kirin was trying to heal Troi with the thrown flask?

I'd volunteer for that, since Velbrik probably has the highest Bluff score, if it's deemed reasonable (cause, he is readying against anything, and even if Velbrik can speak first, what are the chances it'll register before he cuts Troi's throat? or that it will make a difference even if it does register?), and if Uriel will let me edit my decision.

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
WizWrm said:
I'd volunteer for that, since Velbrik probably has the highest Bluff score, if it's deemed reasonable (cause, he is readying against anything, and even if Velbrik can speak first, what are the chances it'll register before he cuts Troi's throat? or that it will make a difference even if it does register?), and if Uriel will let me edit my decision.

hrm, are you actually allowed to ready against "anything"? Of course if was really anything he would have attacked (can't ready a coup de grace as orriginally described, so there is a small chance of missing) when the wolf and orc were iced, and if he's readying against an attack on himself, diving at the floor two feet from him and hitting troi's boot with the wand won't trigger it... if he doesn't have a line of sight on all of us can he even effectively ready against anyone taking action against him? (hey, weren't there supposed to be some orges around here...?) I'm also unsure how far around you can carry your readying... we are still on initative, in theory, so kirin is making her hand freeing 'attack' (if Uriel is actual saying that kirin knows somehow that what seemed to do damage to one feral is harmless here, she would of course just drop it and attack with the sling instead) on the same round the final orc and the dire wolf were killed. So you may want to check your initiative...

Tecnicly I think someone could ready an action in response to his readied action, if he didn't take it until after it has come around to his initiative in the next round... recursive readying is unfortunately not covered in the rules, even though it would be fairly common in these sorts of situations...

Mexican standoffs make for great theater, but they aren't really covered in the SRD. :(

Kahuna Burger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads