• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Discussion) General Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manzanita

First Post
Thanks, Nimisgod. I'll put you down as the judge for M2.

On a related note, how do I know when a PC is approved after advancing a level. I see that you have a list of approved PCs in the first post of the official character thread. I think it might be nice if you made a note that these PCs are level 1 unless otherwise indicated. Then make a note of the higher level PCs who have been approved next to their name. Thus (hopefully), next to my PC, Persephone, it would say 'Level 3' indicating you have approved her leveling ups to that point.

On an unrelated note, uh, I think I'll start a new post for that...

Manzanita

First Post
I've found persistant worlds to be great places to have characters, since if a particular game dies, the PC can still hope to recover and continue advancing levels. But I don't know that it's so great for DMs. DMs lose a significant measure of creative license. They can no longer determine character creation guildlines, and can't necessarily recruit in the manner of their choosing. They also can't just do what they like to the world.

I think we should try to make LEW a good place to DM. One obvious advantage to DMs is that they are able to run a one-shot adventure w/o worrying about what happens to the PCs before or after. But I think what would be more attractive is colaboration with other DMs. I think there should be a number of plot hooks out there that DMs could use to combine plot threads with those of other DMs. There should be opportunity to expand each other's ideas and get inspirations from other NPCs and loose ends.

I'm not sure the best way to do this, but I was trying when I started Volidar's tales of Enworld. I've been disapointed that only two adventures have been written up in that thread. I'd thought of creating a 'loose ends' thread, where various ideas that could be fleshed out could be listed. These could be from character origins, or from adventures that have completed, or wherever. Does anyone else think this is a good idea? Perhaps we could get it working.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Creamsteak said:
I guess I can start it when I get back.

Great! Fant was going to get in on that one, if I recall correctly.

Manzanita- I really like the idea of collaborative plot hooks. The other adventure I was running before my internet died (Hooly-gans) was going to leave something that other people could tie into... perhaps once I have more time again I'll try it again. :) But generally speaking I like the idea of having more than just one shots with the same cast and actually having some sort of collaborative world.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Good idea, Manzanita! I'll follow up on that.

CS, if you still have space in that psionics game, I'm willing to join in (with a new psionic character). But I'll bow out if there are any 1st level PCs in need of an adventure...

Gurdjieff

First Post
Nimisgod, I mailed you with my characterupdate (Irene) for validation of her level-up, but haven't heard any confirmation yet. Have you received it?
As the new adventure is starting and she isn't confirmed yet I'm not sure if it's ok for me to join in now.

Patlin

Explorer
nimisgod said:
CS, if you still have space in that psionics game, I'm willing to join in (with a new psionic character). But I'll bow out if there are any 1st level PCs in need of an adventure...

So psionic characters can play? Are they no longer banned from the inn, then, or is there some other way to get together?

nimisgod

LEW Judge
What I've heard (and I might be wrong) is that as soon as the psionics-introduction adventure starts, psionic PCs can start going to the inn already. Likewise, you can enter the adventure as a psionic or non-psionic.

CS is swamped by work or something, I believe. So, we'll have to wait on that.

Velmont

First Post
Yeap, I am leaving for Africa. My plane leave October 19th. I am going to work with Oxfam-Québec in Ouagadougou, in Burkina Faso (West Africa). I am going to do some database and web design (yeah, they have computers and internet over there...). I am leaving for 4 to 5 month.

So, why I am telling you that, simply that I dunnot know yet what will be my internet connection. I will have acces to one for sure, as I am suppose to do some web design, and there is a lot of internet coffee over there. Now, I don't know how frequently I will be able to log on the board. I hope for every other day, but it could be as bad as 1/week...

So, for my activities on the board, here what will happen.

Until the 19, I will be active as usual. After that, I may be some day without being on the board. Until I am fixed on my connection.

So what that mean for this game? LEW is pretty much interesting, but at the same time, it is one I can the more easily leave and come back later. I've just join a game run by Manzanita. What I suggest, it is after my departure, if I don't show up fast, put Rinaldo on automatic mode (I think you enough about him to play it, Manz). At worst, he will leave the group on the first occasion, pretend just he found a good deal for a trade with the locals. I will try to give a final answer on the week following my departure, as it is only once there that I will know.

El Jefe

First Post
It seems that a couple of characters in Treasure of the Tierra Padre have gone AWOL. We're in the middle of combat, one of the characters is dying, and neither player has posted in weeks. I have to think that either someone is having serious internet problems, serious time problems, or has given up on LEW (or at least on that adventure).

How are such things handled gracefully here? I don't think anyone (save Kahuna-Burger, who has definitely left) gave instructions for their characters to be ghosted, and I'd sure hate for my character to get stranded in limbo or to have to return to the tavern without finishing what seems to be a very promising adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads