• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Discussion) General Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I saw that, but it didn't occur to me that Work would be for a carriage. Looks good, though.

Dexerion

First Post
i assumed handle animal.

i need to find the dcs for driving a carrige. my dmg is lost. i need to buy a new one anyway. prehaps i will pick up the arms and equipment guide while i am at it.

Velmont

First Post
I would like to know how the Leadership feat will be handle in LEW. I want to know because I may take it for Rinaldo, that is now level 4. I want to have an associate (cohort) for his shop with this feat, and some loyal employees (followers).

Xael

First Post
Velmont said:
I would like to know how the Leadership feat will be handle in LEW. I want to know because I may take it for Rinaldo, that is now level 4. I want to have an associate (cohort) for his shop with this feat, and some loyal employees (followers).

That's a good question. I also have a character who's probably going to take it if/when he reaches level 6. He's only first level at the moment though, and is more interested in followers. So, I'd like to add a question how the followers will be handled. And err, how about undead troops, since a scroll of Animate Dead isn't really that expensive...

But this certainly should be discussed before anybody actually takes the feat.

Someone

Adventurer
About the XP/monts thing, if you do the math that´s what you get:

Current system: 100 xp/month: You need 10 months to reach 2nd level, then another 1 year and 8 months to reach 3rd level, then another 2 years and a half to reach 4th. After 1st-2nd, it becomes largely irrelevant: you´d have to wait a total of 8 years and 4 months to reach level 5, a total of 37 years and a half to reach 10th level, 87 years and a half to reach 15th, and 158 years and 4 months to get to 20th.

Proposed system: 100 xp/month and level: you level every 10 months of real time adventuring, no matter what. My current 1st level character (who´s been played for 1 month) will level in November 2005, then again in September 2006, then again July 2007. He would be 5th level in June 2008, 10th level in September 2012, 15th level in October 2016, and 20th in November 2020.

Proposed system: 50 xp/level and month: This just takes double time to level: 20 months per level, no matter what level. My current character will level in September 2006; reach 5th level in October 2011, 10th level in February 2019, 15th level in June 2027, and 20th level in October 2035.

Xael

First Post
Someone said:
Proposed system: 100 xp/month and level: you level every 10 months of real time adventuring, no matter what. My current 1st level character (who´s been played for 1 month) will level in November 2005, then again in September 2006, then again July 2007. He would be 5th level in June 2008, 10th level in September 2012, 15th level in October 2016, and 20th in November 2020.

Proposed system: 50 xp/level and month: This just takes double time to level: 20 months per level, no matter what level. My current character will level in September 2006; reach 5th level in October 2011, 10th level in February 2019, 15th level in June 2027, and 20th level in October 2035.

Heh, I can easily say I'd side with the 100 xp/month system. You could of course make use of both, changing to the 50 xp/level after a certain level (9th, 10th?). Of course the experience gain will be a lot faster because you get the normal experience awards on top of that, but I'm not seeing this as too fast advancement.

Someone

Adventurer
Of course, the calculations ignore "real" experience. They are ment to show how the bonus XP translates in real time advancement.

Another, simplyfied system could simply make your character level up in his real time birthday.

Xael

First Post
Someone said:
Another, simplyfied system could simply make your character level up in his real time birthday.

That would mean that you can't use the experience to craft items and cast spells with an experience component. And it might be hard to keep track of.

Xael

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Per month, or per month per level?

I meant 100 xp/month/level. Managed to forgot the important part. :p The 100 xp/month will become rather negligible after a few levels IMHO.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads