• I'll be in my bunk (Yes)

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Serenity Curry

Votes: 11 21.2%

Khelon Testudo

Cleric of Stronmaus
See, I disagree completely with this. The time has never been better for a sequel show.

There will never be a right time for a reboot, because the premise is all that’s left in a reboot, and that isn’t what is good about Firefly.

But 15 years later, River is the pilot, Zoe has a teenage kid, Mal is ready to retire and own some land somewhere way out on the edge of known space, and some specter of their past comes back to haunt them? That’s a good show.
Well... it could be a good show.

pming

Legend
Hiya!

ReBoot = Heck NO!

New Series taking place after the Serenity movie with all new characters only tangentially related to the originals? = Sure, I'd be down with that. Especially if Joss is the one helming most of the writing and whatnot. Like him or not, as a person, he writes damn interesting and fun characters and stories! :)

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Ryujin

Legend
And you can forget about the original cast getting together, even for cameos. Some of them may just not do it for one reason or another, and you can believe Adam Baldwin won't be allowed anywhere near it (just imagine the backlash from fans if he did).
If they do a reboot, instead of a sequel, I could easily see Wes Chatham slotting into the role of Jayne Cobb.

nevin

Hero
And thus - none of the content was actually all that mature, because broadcast has limits on content.
There was a prostitute selling her services openly with the crew. there may not have been flesh but arguing it was not mature content is a bit silly.

nevin

Hero
I'm hopeful it could be a good show. The mandalorian shows that Disney get's that western type scifi can do well. With the right director and cast it could work. I would be at least moderately hopeful if they do try it.

Ryujin

Legend
There was a prostitute selling her services openly with the crew. there may not have been flesh but arguing it was not mature content is a bit silly.
And that's not the only thing. The "wife" assassin. Kicking someone into a running engine. Jayne not thinking shooting someone is good enough, so proceeding to bash his head repeatedly into the ground... I agree.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I think there are more good stories to tell in that universe, even if it's a different group being followed.

Mallus

Legend
I’m really of two minds on this. On the one hand, Firefly was lightning in a bottle, a rare instance combining both talent and luck where the characters just work together on screen right out of the gate. Even characters like Mal, blessed as he was with a showy deliberately fake diction that was marvelous.

On the other hand, we got to see precious little of the story, even with the wrap-up film.

So... why not? Just do it. Art is hard and nothing is sacrosanct. More Firefly will probably be bad — because most things are — but maybe it’ll be good.

Remove ads