• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Disney's disastrous year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
And Incel is an offensive and sexist term ...

Mod note:
It is a term adopted by people to identify themselves. The public wouldn't use that term for them if they didn't use it for themselves.

And, the community who chose to use that term to self-identify from the 2010s to today have come to espouse sexist, offensive, and indeed violent ideologies, and commit violent acts in the service of these ideologies. These ideologies are not welcome on EN World. Attempts to claim these people and ideologies do not exist, or are a boogeyman created by others, will be seen as gaslighting.

EN World does not support name-calling, so we warn folks to not apply the term to any particular person who cannot be cited as self-identifying with it.

Zardnaar

Legend
The original post was about Disney. Covid and mismanagement plus superhero fatigue are being blamed but it’s just a poor product. The excuses are coming from iger. Iger isn’t giving the excuses for my benefit. You tell me who he’s giving them 2

Now you have a spinoff show gen v that dominated in streaming ratings (I haven’t watched) with solid reviews etc. it’s mostly women in the lead roles

Recent two movies have just made it kinda official. The earning signs were there few years ago.

Think Thor was the one that did actual damage to the brand and Quantumania made it official.

Throw in shows like Secret Invasion.

Igers blamed Chapek a lot but he wasn't in charge for that long and was hand picked by Iger. It was Iger who greenlit a lot of things and racked up the debt.

Ryujin

Legend
The original post was about Disney. Covid and mismanagement plus superhero fatigue are being blamed but it’s just a poor product. The excuses are coming from iger. Iger isn’t giving the excuses for my benefit. You tell me who he’s giving them 2

Now you have a spinoff show gen v that dominated in streaming ratings (I haven’t watched) with solid reviews etc. it’s mostly women in the lead roles
The show also has a trans or bi stand-in as one of the main characters.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I amended my post. It lost out to capaldis the return of dr mysterious and you basically have one of the most beloved actors returning.
That’s some mighty fine cherry picking there. It was the highest rated drama of the entire year—and that’s just on the overnights, not the final scores (which are always day +7). And nobody knows what the Disney+ numbers were.

To call it a ratings failure is to want to call it a ratings failure, because if the highest rated drama in an entire year is a ratings failure, then everything is a ratings failure. TV is a ratings failure.

And we all know there is a certain echo chamber of not very nice people who are championing that nonsense solely because they were so triggered by the inclusion of a trans character that they had to rush to YouTube and post ranty videos about it.

It is demonstrably a ratings success, and an audience reaction success. And when the final day+7 figures come in early next week, it will be more so.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist

.... Wall Street. That's ... that's the whole purpose of it.

In those terms, it has been effective, given that the share price has gone up this month due to the Q4 report and his interviews about the future of the company and his plans (and about diagnosing the prior mistakes).

I'm not sure how many times that this needs to be said- but when Iger is talking, he's not giving a presentation to Comic-Con in front of a bunch of MCU fans. He's talking to investors and financial analysts. That doesn't mean that fans aren't interested in trying to mine these comments for more information, but you are not the audience for what he is saying.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Also more and more money is being spent to upgrade the theatre's and offer, alchohol,dinners, better food etc , taking a family of 4 to theatre and buying dinner and then you are looking at something close too or more than a 200 dollar bill.

So, one of my favorite theaters seems to have this worked out - they refer to themselves as a "cinema pub", and are basically aiming for something like a drive-in experience, but indoors, to the point where the seat are actually car seats mounted on casters.

The trick is that the ticket price is generally half that of other theaters in the area, but they expect to make it up by expecting to sell you a pub-food meal as well. The food is actually pretty decent - equivalent to or better than that of most casual-dining chains out there.

The result is cheaper than if you were going to go out with friends to a casual-dining restaurant, and then a movie, so if that's the experience you are looking for, it is a win. If I lived closer to it, I'd go more often.

.... Wall Street. That's ... that's the whole purpose of it.

In those terms, it has been effective, given that the share price has gone up this month due to the Q4 report and his interviews about the future of the company and his plans (and about diagnosing the prior mistakes).

I'm not sure how many times that this needs to be said- but when Iger is talking, he's not giving a presentation to Comic-Con in front of a bunch of MCU fans. He's talking to investors and financial analysts. That doesn't mean that fans aren't interested in trying to mine these comments for more information, but you are not the audience for what he is saying.
Right. He’s trying to cover his bleep
Marvels is a disaster
Now dr who has 5 million plus views which some has to be the tenant factor but let’s wait and see if they come back. Me personally I’m not going back but it certainly wasn’t for the trans thing . The story’s went down hill
Let’s see how much money Disney spent on dr who and is 5 million worth the cost

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Look at twitter yourself.

Why would it be locked, mentioning a feud between CEOs Bob Igor and Elon Musk violates no rules I'm aware of?
It violates the only real rule. Don't do something Elon Musk doesn't like. Right now Elon is melting down over this, and even more so now that other advertisers may be pulling out of Twitter over his melt down.

It failed in ratings which equals money spent. There is real apathy now for dr who. You lost over 2 million viewers from the capaldi return of mysteries and tenant is you dr who all Star

Oh and Elon Musk has roughly 165 MILLION followers, if just 2% of them cancel their Disney+ subscriptions, that's over 3 million subscribers lost, most of them in high value regions, then yeah Igor will be freaking out when that happens.

Paramount and Disney need to make peace with Elon and others they have alienated, including the lead actress of Scream 7.

And more brand damage which is harder to calculate, but is far worse then a single TV movie doing poorly long term.
7d23a148-65b5-4bee-bfd1-4c66fe75fec8_text.gif

I object to the term Muskrats though. It's offensive to actual Muskrats.
On behalf of muskrats, which look cute by the way...thank you

Last edited:

nevin

Hero
It violates the only real rule. Don't do something Elon Musk doesn't like. Right now Elon is melting down over this, and even more so now that other advertisers may be pulling out of Twitter over his melt down.
that's what narcissists do when they look bad. They rage and make crazy accusations until the attention on them has been moved to someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads