Disney's making 10 Star Wars and 10 Marvel TV shows

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Amongst other things...

8DD066EE-118B-4D91-B6FB-471C62FAD9B6.jpeg

"While specifics weren't shared, it's been confirmed that 10 new Marvel Studios TV series are on the way to Disney+. Those will be joined by 10 Star Wars TV series, not to mentioned 15 new animated TV series and 15 new animated features. A number of upcoming Disney live-action and animated movies (including those from Pixar) are also planned for Disney+ debuts."

Last edited:

You don't have to watch them. I won't watch any that are animated, for a start.

I know I don't have to. But they (historically) make the stories interlocking to try and compel me to. For instance, I never got into the Clone Wars stuff, but now that all the backstory from those series is coming up in the Mandalorian, I'm reading through the summaries online so that I can follow what's happening.

The issue is that I have a maximum capacity for that kind of stuff. I can handle catching up on a little bit of lore, but not 10 series worth. If I want to watch the Mandalorian but they put in hooks to 10 different series for me to catch up on, at a certain point I'm not going to bother keeping up. And if I'm not keeping up, I'm going to lose my personal investment in the Mandalorian. And then I'm going to stop watching the Mandalorian. That's what I mean by burnout.

I get that it's a personal thing. But it's a personal thing that can kill it for me. It happened with the Marvel movies for me. I'm sure some people like it, but I am not that market.

pukunui

Legend
They've announced three of the SW shows: Ahsoka and Rangers of the New Republic, both of which are set at the same point in the timeline as The Mandalorian, and Cassian Andor's show, which will be set pre-Rogue One (for obvious reasons).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I know I don't have to. But they (historically) make the stories interlocking to try and compel me to. For instance, I never got into the Clone Wars stuff, but now that all the backstory from those series is coming up in the Mandalorian, I'm reading through the summaries online so that I can follow what's happening.

The issue is that I have a maximum capacity for that kind of stuff. I can handle catching up on a little bit of lore, but not 10 series worth. If I want to watch the Mandalorian but they put in hooks to 10 different series for me to catch up on, at a certain point I'm not going to bother keeping up. And if I'm not keeping up, I'm going to lose my personal investment in the Mandalorian. And then I'm going to stop watching the Mandalorian. That's what I mean by burnout.

I get that it's a personal thing. But it's a personal thing that can kill it for me. It happened with the Marvel movies for me. I'm sure some people like it, but I am not that market.
I’m following along just fine not having seen the cartoons. You don’t need that extra info.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases