Disney's making 10 Star Wars and 10 Marvel TV shows

Zardnaar

Legend
The Ahsoka one will be, as it's starring Rosario Dawson. Not sure about the Rangers one. It might be animated.
Well I'm guessing the Ahsoka one will be following up Rebels maybe not Ezra and Thrawn in Mando. Sign me up though.

Rangers thing might give a shot unless it's animated like Resistance.

Well I'm guessing the Ahsoka one will be following up Rebels maybe not Ezra and Thrawn in Mando. Sign me up though.

Rangers thing might give a shot unless it's animated like Resistance.

Rangers and Ahsoka should both be live action, with Rangers centering on Cara Dune. And both at set at the same time period as The Mandalorian, so I expect some crossover action between them. Maybe even two or three-part story arcs that start on one and continue on the other two.

pukunui

Legend
Here's everything that's been announced so far:

New series

Ahsoka:
live action, starring Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka Tano, set at same time as The Mandalorian
*I presume this will be a continuation of her quest to find Thrawn (and Ezra?)

Rangers of the New Republic: no details, other than that it's "an Original Series set within the timeline of The Mandalorian"

Andor: live action, 12 episodes, 2022; starring Diego Luna as Cassian Andor in a Rogue One prequel series

Obi-Wan Kenobi: live action, starring Ewen McGregor as Obi-Wan and Hayden Christensen as Darth Vader; begins 10 years after Episode III
*Given the timeframe, I hope they don't mess up the idea that Obi-Wan and Vader haven't seen each other in a long time when they meet on the Death Star in Episode IV.

The Bad Batch: animated, coming soon; starring Dee Bradley Baker as the voices of the Bad Batch clone unit from The Clone Wars Season 7
*From the sizzle real, it looks to be set during the early days of the Empire and will feature Fennec Shand, the assassin from the Mandalorian.

Visions: animated, 2021; a series of short films by Japanese anime creators

Lando: an "event series" about Lando Calrissian

The Acolyte: "a mystery-thriller that will take viewers into a galaxy of shadowy secrets and emerging dark-side powers in the final days of the High Republic era"

New films

Rogue Squadon:
Patty Jenkins will be directing a film about the famous Rebel pilots

A Droid Story: "a new animated adventure film set to introduce a new hero who will be guided on their journey by R2-D2 and C-3PO"

*Untitled film helmed by Taika Waititi

pukunui

Legend
Rangers and Ahsoka should both be live action, with Rangers centering on Cara Dune. And both at set at the same time period as The Mandalorian, so I expect some crossover action between them. Maybe even two or three-part story arcs that start on one and continue on the other two.
You reckon Rangers will be about Cara? I'm thinking it might be about Trapper Wolf (Dave Filoni) and Carson Teva (Paul Sun-Hyung). "Ranger" implies roaming around, like they do, whereas Cara seems pretty well settled on Nevarro now.

You reckon Rangers will be about Cara? I'm thinking it might be about Trapper Wolf (Dave Filoni) and Carson Teva (Paul Sun-Hyung). "Ranger" implies roaming around, like they do, whereas Cara seems pretty well settled on Nevarro now.

Well, there was a lot of talk about her getting a spin-off series after season one. And then the actress had all the Twitter stuff happen, with her joking about wearing masks and other stuff. I don't know if that would get in Disney's way of still doing it, though.

Khelon Testudo

Cleric of Stronmaus
I never saw the point of Cara Dune, even though I'm quite happy with strong female leads. (Xena, Orphan Black). I don't think the actress can carry a show. This isn't the 70's, when Lee Majors could carry a show by frowning at the camera and running in slow motion. On the other hand, Ahsano could interest me, depending where they take her character. We know she's questing after Thrawn, and probably Ezra. But I bounce of Jedi mystical quests, so I hope that's not the focus.
Obi-wan might be good, although again: what the heck are they going to do with him? And I do think now is the time for Hayden to earn his stripes as Vader. But... vs Obi? Obi should be scaring off tusken raiders on Tattooine!

Remove ads