Disney's making 10 Star Wars and 10 Marvel TV shows

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You're missing out on some of the best Star Wars has to offer, then. :/

They may be cartoons, but they're as good if not better than any of the movies. The Clone Wars in particular redeems the prequel films and makes me feel for Anakin, Ben, the clones, etc. Vader doesn't feel like a forgone conclusion, but a villain created from a very conflicted young man who had one bad day when he was 19 and then years of heroism as the best star pilot in the galaxy, and a cunning warrior. And he was a good friend.

We see his two worst weeks in II and III. TCW shows everything in between, when he's at his best down to near his worst, before his turn to the Dark Side. We see why Padmé and Luke say that there's still good in him. We see why Ben calls him his brother. We don't see that in the movies because The Clone Wars is too large a story to tackle in just 2 films.

You can easily skip much of the series, but there are some really good arcs I'd URGE you to watch, despite their cartoon appearance.
You are not the first to try to convert me. Sorry. I don’t like them.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
You are not the first to try to convert me. Sorry. I don’t like them.
Your loss! :D

I figured it was worth a shot; somehow we convinced HelloGreedo of all people to give TCW a shot and he's never looked back. He's also relaxed a lot since those early videos 7 years ago where he becried all the changes in the Special Editions, even if he still doesn't like the changes.

Last edited:

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
Also: they officially announced an MCU Fantastic Four movie, which makes me giddy just thinking about it.
From Jon Watts, no less. It's clear that this is what Disney and Sony were fighting about back in Summer 2019 when it wasn't clear Spidey would continue in the MCU. They were fighting over his direction. The Spidey films seem to be setting up F4 in the MCU, too (who else would have the audacity to buy the Avengers tower but Reed Richards?).

Janx

Hero
..snip...

ST: Disco and ST: Picard are using a different model, with the production and writing efforts spread around among more people. Almost like they may have learned from mistakes....
plus, they aren't airing new episodes at the same time. There's only one active series at a time to watch. In real time, it is not hard to watch 1 star trek a week.

Now maybe somebody coming up from behind in the future, that might be daunting to "have" to watch all that old material. But has that ever really been a problem? There are people who's first star trek is Voyager. Warts and all, they liked it.

MarkB

Legend
From Jon Watts, no less. It's clear that this is what Disney and Sony were fighting about back in Summer 2019 when it wasn't clear Spidey would continue in the MCU. They were fighting over his direction. The Spidey films seem to be setting up F4 in the MCU, too (who else would have the audacity to buy the Avengers tower but Reed Richards?).
That would make sense. They just need to shave off one leg of the A to re-brand it.

Ok, I'm betting now that before the 20's are over there'll be a crossover between the two franchises, because eventually that'll be the only way left to milk them any more

Remove ads