Displaced Creature Catalog Threads

Cleon

Legend
This thread is a placeholder for Creature Catalog Forum threads that got displaced to other forums during the various system crashes and upgrades Enworld has experienced.

A zip folder of Creature Catalog completed conversions can be found in Enworld Resources.

The list will be updated when (if) new AWOL threads are discovered or displaced threads are returned to the bosom of the Creature Catalog.

General Monster Talk threads
Stickied Index of Conversion Threads
- needs checking for missing threads, which turned out to be:

Replaced Missing Threads:
Kraken Variants [new thread here]
3.5 Converting Prehistoric Creatures [new thread here]
Converting Monsters from White Dwarf Magazine? [new thread here]

Missing Finished Conversions Threads:
Converted Dragons for the CC 3.5
Converted Monsters from D&D Official Video Games

Missing Converting Threads:
Converting Epic Level Beings (Part One)
Converting Epic Level Beings (Part Two)
Converting First Edition monsters from DRAGON magazine (Part One)
Converting First Edition monsters from DRAGON magazine (Part Two)
Converting First Edition monsters from DRAGON magazine (Part Three)
Converting Forgotten Realms monsters (Part One)
Converting Forgotten Realms monsters (Part Two)
Converting "generic setting" second edition monsters (Part One)
Converting "generic setting" second edition monsters (Part Two)
Converting Maztica and Horde monsters
Converting Monsters from D&D Official Video Games
Converting Monsters from Dungeon Magazine (Part One)
Converting Monsters from Dungeon Magazine (Part Two)
Converting Monsters from First Edition modules (Part One)
Converting Monsters from the second edition Monstrous Compendiums (Part One)
Converting Monsters from Second Edition Monstrous Compendiums (Part Two)
Converting Monsters from White Dwarf Magazine
Converting nonhuman deities “Complete Divine” style
Converting original D&D and Mystara monsters (Part One)
Converting original D&D and Mystara monsters (Part Two)
Converting Planescape monsters (Part One)
Converting prehistoric animals (Part One)
Converting prehistoric animals (Part Two)
Converting prehistoric animals (Part Three)
Converting True Dragons (Part One)
Converting World of Greyhawk monsters (Part One)
Creature Catalog 3.5 Overhaul Project (Part One)
Helping Boz with CC 3.5: Converting Dragons
Send In The Clowns… (or, Converting the Oddballs)

Monster Homebrews threads
forum currently missing all old threads, including:
Stickied Ultimate Homebrew Index
Fearsome Critters from Lumberjack Tales

Homebrews Graveyard threads
forum currently missing all old threads

Creature Catalogue Website
currently just a broken link
EDIT: Creature Catalog (Download Version) now available as a zip file

Last edited:

Cleon

Legend
The only other thread I can remember offhand is my Fearsome Critters from Lumberjack Tales conversions in Monster Homebrews plus the stickied Homebrew Conversion Index from that subforum.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I just posted in the two active threads. If they don't get moved back soon, I think I'll bug the mods again.

PumpkinGhost

Villager
I recently found out these links were down and I hope we can get them back online soon. I don't know much about how to get back webpages but I recently tried using the creature catalog website with the way back machine and it loads only a few of the monster pages, the rest weren't archived.

I did notice that every page has a different url linked to the monster like this one.

Creature catalog web site archived

ear seeker monster link

Since the archive still shows the path to the links in the url could we some how send those addresses to the mods and have them recover the creature pages from their servers to help remake the creature catalog's website again?

Cleon

Legend
I recently found out these links were down and I hope we can get them back online soon. I don't know much about how to get back webpages but I recently tried using the creature catalog website with the way back machine and it loads only a few of the monster pages, the rest weren't archived.

I did notice that every page has a different url linked to the monster like this one.

Creature catalog web site archived

ear seeker monster link

Since the archive still shows the path to the links in the url could we some how send those addresses to the mods and have them recover the creature pages from their servers to help remake the creature catalog's website again?

I've got all the "newcc" files on my computer - Freyar and I are the ones who are keeping the Creatute Catalog up to date - and we've supplied a current version to the mods (Darjr to be specific), but restoring the CC to service appears to be a low priority issue.

We basically have to wait for them to sort it out.

Cleon

Legend

Meanwhile, if you seriously need a particular newCC conversion just post a request here or send one of us a PM and we can supply it.

PumpkinGhost

Villager
I've got all the "newcc" files on my computer - Freyar and I are the ones who are keeping the Creatute Catalog up to date - and we've supplied a current version to the mods (Darjr to be specific), but restoring the CC to service appears to be a low priority issue.

We basically have to wait for them to sort it out.

Ok that's a big relief. I was worried some of them might have been lost for good. After Lomian going down and then seeing this happen made me worried about losing more previous edition content like when wizard's nuked their forums.

Thank you for offering to send me some of the monster files, i'll be sure to pm you some of the one's I will need later but I'm just glad we'll get the creature catalog back eventually so I can wait for most of the stuff once the site is repaired. Thanks for setting me more at ease Cleon.

Cleon

Legend
Ok that's a big relief. I was worried some of them might have been lost for good. After Lomian going down and then seeing this happen made me worried about losing more previous edition content like when wizard's nuked their forums.

Lomion's down? That's a shame.

It's been quite a while since I consulted it, but it was very handy to have all those 2E AD&D monster stats in one place.

It is a bit of a pain when a website you rely on gives up the ghost.

Thank you for offering to send me some of the monster files, i'll be sure to pm you some of the one's I will need later but I'm just glad we'll get the creature catalog back eventually so I can wait for most of the stuff once the site is repaired. Thanks for setting me more at ease Cleon.

Feel free.

Most of the "Working Drafts" of the conversions are still in the forums in the Creature Catalog new 3.5 conversions (Part Two) and its relatives, but finding a specific conversion can be a pain.

Most of the links in my Creatures Awaiting Upload & Current Conversions thread have got corrupted/broken in the Enworld update and may take a while to repair. There's quite a few of them, and it may be tricky finding the original post of some of the conversions.

Remove ads