• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Divine Avengers

J. Alexander

First Post
This game will be centered in my current campaign world entitled "The Four Lands" there are currently two other games being run in this world but as each are stand alone in geographic region and the time line they will not mess or cojoin in any way.

The core books i wish you to use are PH, PH2, Completly Divine and Defenders of the Faith. Other books and such will be used but please confien your character class to those books unless you find a nifty chruch/do gooder type and we can come to an agreement on it

In orientiaon, all pc's will have to be of good alignment......but can choose either lawful, chaotic or neutral. All will be affiliated with a church to some degree.

The only playable race is human...and their will be no arcane spell caster types which call for a magic user as calss though sorceors are allowed.

Standard 36 point buy, starting level will be 3rd. When we have everthing done we will post the pc's and use the existing OCC thread for the Four Lands as it is more helpful to the dm...I encourgage all potiential players to read the OCC thread "Call to the Four Lands" as it will answer a lot of your guestions.

Ideally looking to keep this a small party 4 to 5 people...the start date will be most likely march but we can do a little character development until then to get your feet wet.

Please put tons of thought into your charcter and a feasible background..no oddball stuff.

I will make the character selections in three weeks as i dont want everyone rushing to complete a character feeling that they are under a time constrient to be accepted....

Hope to hear from you

JA

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
I'm interested. I enjoy playing the "divine hero." I will probably play a monk, but will put quite a bit of effort into the background, so it may take me a bit to post it. I am either going to go monk or find a PrC I can break into from one of the mentioned books.

Rhun

First Post
You know I'm in, JA...I love the Four Lands.

I'll take a look at my books this weekend and see if something catches my eye.

Nightbreeze

First Post
Dibs on the Pandion knight of the party! :D
(if that is possible. I haven't read your other ooc threads stiil, but I had a brief look and the fact that the four orders of the church can use arcane magic suggested me that you have read David Eddings.)

J. Alexander

First Post
Characters

As a rule of thumb lookinig at two front line fighrter types, one true cleric and two combinations.......you are going to need them.....going to be tons and tons of undead

J. Alexander

First Post
Comments

Voda Vosa -
what is a Shungeja and where can it be found....i will take a look at it,

Nightbreeze-
exactly i love eddings and the church/orders of knighthood etc were created with them in mind....as well as Kurtz take on the Deryni in regards to how the church loaths magic.

The wolrd goes by the name The Four Lands simple because i liked the geographic layout presented by Brooks.....and hint hint we can have mulitples of the same..dont feel obligated to take or look for another class just because someelse is looking at it too....

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
I'm slightly torn on what to play now. I was reading the things on the other thread, and it seems like a crusader would be a natural fit. Instead of playing the crusader class, I would like to switch from monk, to a paladin. He would be heading toward the Shining Blade of Heironeous PrC be a Knight of Light? I'm thinking he would possibly be from Northwarden, and definetly a a follower of Saint Heironeous

Last edited:

GMVictory

Explorer
I'd like to join this game also. I'm looking at a Paladin/Ranger to become a Hunter of the Dead.

The Complete Warrior has the updated Hunter of the Dead PrC. The only differences are Knowledge: Religion (5) replaces Knowledge: Undead (5), a few more spells on the spell list and additional Smite Undead attempts per day at higher levels.

I see that you already have 5 people so I'm fine with being an alternate too.

Last edited:

Remove ads