• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Divine Avengers

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
I'm looking at a making a straight cleric, or a sorcerer/cleric ..
someone raised in an orphanage. She will have a fascination with flame, which was shaped into the strong belief in the purifying light. (rather than slipping into pyromania) By the observant (lay) cleric running the orphanage. She is considered very devote but in need of supervision.

Dedicated to the light itself rather than a saint with the domains fire & sun (if possible)
or just sun if a sorcerer/cleric.

J. Alexander

First Post
Comments

Evilhalfling

The idea is solid and indeed there are numerous orders/abbeys/etc that embrace the combination you discussed. The key to sorceory is to remeber that while the Church accepts it as being a Light born gift, the unwashed masses sometimes find it hard to make that distiction and consider it arcane magic...But as your character would be attached to and wear the clothing of a Church member...it would not impact you as much.......but be warned even in the Church there are members who consider any from of arcane magic bad :).....

GMVictory
Now your thinking..that is a character class that would indeed do well in this setting....and dont worry i may extend to 6...but that would be the max...i currently have two games with 7 and 8 in them and that is just about all i can handel......looking forward to seeing the character...

OnlytheStrong
That is indeed possible, Knights of the Light are various and diverse in their backgrounds and some have never been associated with any of the Four Great Orders of Church Knights but have been knighted by the bishops etc....so in effect you have two parrell orders of Church Knights..you have the Four Great Orders whose members owe allegiance to the order itself adn it's belifes and patron...and then the local/regional Knights who can be paladins/crusaders/rangers and owe their primary allegiace to the local church etc....hope this made sense. And it is an omission i need to correct in the handbook on the four lands.

J. Alexander

First Post
Character Submission

Douane
Not to late at all, Like i said i am not going to get around to actually making a selection till a few weeks and the game will kick off sometime around March 1st..I know this seems like a long time, but I have an new campaig that i just started that will be in it's 5 month then and should have it well establised as i dont want to short any of my existing players. Looking for a solid character background and history.......and depending on the submissions I may even increase the party size. Also you can check the Post - Call to the Four Lands for other games i am going to be starting within the next couple of months.

Douane

First Post
Great!

Just a few more question, then:

1. Any limitations or suggestion regarding region of origin for the PCs?

2. "All will be affiliated with a church to some degree." Do we choose one , and if we do, do we have to choose affiliated groups for all PCs?

3. I read over the "Four Lands" doc from the OoC thread. While there is a lot od info to digest, I found little about society structures. Any place I could learn more?

Thanks,

Folkert

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
GMVictory said:
I'd like to join this game also. I'm looking at a Paladin/Ranger to become a Hunter of the Dead.

The Complete Warrior has the updated Hunter of the Dead PrC. The only differences are Knowledge: Religion (5) replaces Knowledge: Undead (5), a few more spells on the spell list and additional Smite Undead attempts per day at higher levels.

I see that you already have 5 people so I'm fine with being an alternate too.

GMVictory and I were on the same wavelength, I was just slower :p

Let me retool my concept a bit.

Rhun

First Post
Hey JA,

I'm thinking of making a simple fighter or fighter multi-class to fill the role of front line fighter. I'm leaning toward a heavily armored, exotic weapon's wielding fighter who takes advantage of the Combat Focus feats from PHB2...

They won't pay off a lot until we get to higher levels, but I think the concept will come out pretty cool.

J. Alexander

First Post
Comments

Douane

1. No the pc can be from any region dominated by humans...which means the borderlands, the southlands and the Valley. For form sake I wouls say that most should be from the Valley Proper with very few coming from the Borderlands. One or two could be from the Confederated States, The Republic or Gwnedde or some of the smaller kingdoms.

2. All party members will be affilated with the Church of a Light, either as a operative, a clergy member, a member of an abbey or one of the orders of Knighthood. The pc's may or may not know each other but if you choose to coordinated with another one once the selection is made then that is okay.....So you can choose in your background/history how your affiliated with the church.....either to a bishop a primate or a simple village church.

3.The societial structure should be given under each indpendent entity...ie feudal, clan, repbulic....but as a genera rule think western europe.....

GMVictory
Just reviewd teh dark hunter..could be very very helpful in this setting :)...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads