• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Divine Avengers

J. Alexander

First Post
Comments

Voda Vosa
I looked at the class and can not really mesh them into the world of the church..now they are great for the D'shai empire but the Church of the Light is not really focused on elements..so i dont know how i could work it in....if you have another concept i would prefer that you go with it..but if your heart is set on this one..i am sure we can figure something out...

Rhun
LOL hmmmmmmmmmm how about max :) if that gives you any idea of what your instore for :)

Rhun

First Post
J. Alexander said:
Rhun
LOL hmmmmmmmmmm how about max :) if that gives you any idea of what your instore for :)

I play in two other games of yours, JA...I already know what we are in store for! Demons that can hardly be hurt, undead of unknown types, strange tentacled beasts from the ocean and ogres that throw lightning bolts. LOL.

Douane

First Post
J. Alexander said:
Douane

1. No the pc can be from any region dominated by humans...which means the borderlands, the southlands and the Valley. For form sake I wouls say that most should be from the Valley Proper with very few coming from the Borderlands. One or two could be from the Confederated States, The Republic or Gwnedde or some of the smaller kingdoms.

2. All party members will be affilated with the Church of a Light, either as a operative, a clergy member, a member of an abbey or one of the orders of Knighthood. The pc's may or may not know each other but if you choose to coordinated with another one once the selection is made then that is okay.....So you can choose in your background/history how your affiliated with the church.....either to a bishop a primate or a simple village church.
Thanks!

3.The societial structure should be given under each indpendent entity...ie feudal, clan, repbulic....but as a genera rule think western europe.....

Are we free to come with additional details? It might be a bit hard to come up with a detailed background otherwise.

J. Alexander

First Post
Comments

Rhun
Was that a whine :)....surely not for a blood soaked entrail wearing fighter type that you love to play :)

Douane
Sure feel free to add a lot of details etc i will weed thru it and tell you what needs to be tweaked....The key to this world and the Valley is that it is huge..The Valley is proably the size of the United States east to west and even longer north to south...so plenty of regions and varid customes...in fact the Valley is one od the few areas i have not done a lot of development on etc so this game is going to have to get me off my butt and do things with it....

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
So basically.......... be prepared for anything lol. I honestly want in this game pretty badly given that it will put us up against things I haven't fought much of or ever before. So, I keep throwing ideas around in my head. It looks like I will play a niche character. Given that we have like 4 people proposing "tanks" I believe I will go in a different direction. I will have to go with my original idea of a monk.

The monk concept is (I assume) slightly different in this world. Would it be more of a shaolin monk? Maybe a spin off of a church that trains templars or paladins? I don't see them in the same church as the typical priests so maybe they are missionaries? Anyway, as you can probably guess, I'm alittle confused as to where they fit in into the world. Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

Douane

First Post
J. Alexander said:
Douane
Sure feel free to add a lot of details etc i will weed thru it and tell you what needs to be tweaked....The key to this world and the Valley is that it is huge..The Valley is proably the size of the United States east to west and even longer north to south...so plenty of regions and varid customes...in fact the Valley is one od the few areas i have not done a lot of development on etc so this game is going to have to get me off my butt and do things with it....

That's great, thanks! (Just figured I'd better ask before went to it.)

And now, rather surprisingly, another question. :p

Would you allow feats from sources outside of the four books you've named above? The one I'm interest right now is "Ascetic Knight"* from Complete Adventurer.

* Paladin and Monk levels stack to determine Unarmed Damage, as well as Smite damage. Freely multiclass between Paladin and Monk.

J. Alexander

First Post
Comments

OnlytheStrong
I have given tons of thought into monks and their placement in the Church and came up with the following general pattern. Monks is this world are very limiited say to perhaps five maybe six monastries in the entire Valley of the Light and perhaps two or three others in the Southland...their role is that of training the church knights and for a fee any lord's troop in the arts of unarmed combat...think of them more like a Drill Instructor for the Foreign Legion teaching Savat, or a Marine Drill Instruction teaching the Military Mixed Martial Arts to recruits....Unarmed combat is an art and teaching it take time an effort thus the rise of the Monk's in the church..the various orders of knighthood etc.....teach the martial disclipines but only the Monks teach the unarmed equivalant....hope this helps...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads