• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Divine Avengers

Fenris

Adventurer
Rhun said:
I still can't believe that we only have one full cleric, knowing this is going to be an undead heavy game.

Well, all my feats went into turning basically, so that will help, but it leaves me lower on spells.
BTW Guys, potions of Hide from Undead only 50gp!

Lou

Explorer
Rhun said:
I still can't believe that we only have one full cleric, knowing this is going to be an undead heavy game.

Rhun:
True, but my battle sorcerer Carvin Wray can cast 5 Cure Light Wounds a day. :cool:

Douane

First Post
And we are going to need them badly. :uhoh:

But we also lack a "classic" rogue and given this:
J. Alexander said:
[...] as the orientation of this game is more dungeon crawling, invesitagion old graveyards etc
our only possible solution for traps seems to be pushing a 'frontliner' into them. Not that I have a problem with that (Goric being anything but a frontliner). :]

Dracomeander

First Post
As the late comer in submitting a character, I have no preference for which group to be a part of. I will go where I am needed.

Here is my submission to join the Divine Avengers. I still need to flesh out his mundane equipment.

[sblock=Gregory Brightlaw]
Gregory Brightlaw: Male Human Clr3; CR 3;
Medium Humanoid (human);
HD 3d8+6; hp 30;
Init +1; Spd 20 ft/x3;
AC 21 (+8 armor, +2 shield, +1 dex), touch 11, flat-footed 20;
Base Atk/Grapple +2/+4;
Full Atk +5 One-handed (1d8+2;20/x2, Masterwork morningstar);
SA&SQ Aura of Good(Ex), Spontaneous Casting, Restricted Spells, Turn Undead(Su);

SR 0; AL LG; SV Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +6;
Str 14(+2), Dex 12(+1), Con 14(+2), Int 12(+1), Wis 16(+3), Cha 14(+2);

Skills:
Concentration¹ +8,
Heal¹ +9,
Knowledge (religion) +7,
Knowledge (the planes) +7.

Feats:
Extra Turning (PH 94),
Augment Healing (CD 79),
Sacred Healing (PH2 89),
Spontaneous Healer (CD 84).

Languages:
Illum
Old Tongue

Racial Abilities:
• Base land speed of 30 feet.
• Bonus Feat: 1st level bonus feat
• Favored Class: Any
Class Abilities:
• Aura of Good(Ex): You have a moderate aura of Good.
• Spontaneous Casting: Can spontaneously cast Glory Domain spells, by sacrificing a pre-prepared spell of equal or higher level.Can prepare Cure Spells as Domain Spells
• Restricted Spells: cannot cast Chaotic or Evil spells.
• Turn Undead(Su): Can turn undead 9 times per day. A turning check is
made on 1d20+6; turning damage is equal to 3d6+5 on a successful check.

Equipment:
MW Full Plate Armor
MW Heavy Shield
MW Morningstar
Ornate Silver Holy Symbol of the Light
[/sblock]

Background:

Gregory Brightlaw is the son of Andrew and Lillian Brightlaw, an apothecary and midwife couple from the city of Lighthome.

The Brightlaw's have three children and a somewhat prosperous business in the city. Gregory and his sisters, Danielle and Evelyn, were given much love and training by their parents before Gregory was sent into apprenticeship. Gregory always showed an interest in the teachings of the Church of Light and showed early promise in reaching the gifts of the Light that the priests held. So after much discussion, Gregory was sent to serve his apprenticeship as a acolyte of the Light at the Great Cathedral.

Gregory was well served by the early medical training his parents gave him and soon became one of the favorites of the Brothers assigned to teach the new acolytes. Gregory absorbed everything the brothers presented to him and found further things to study. The books on the beings of other worlds fascinated him to the point that he begged his instructors to teach him the Old Tongue so that he could better understand the older writings on those other beings. Shortly he was studying everything about them that the brothers would allow him to view. When the teachings of the brothers turned to the magic and miracles of the Light, Gregory again found quick acceptance of the mysteries and was able to faultlessly call up the minor miracles quickly and decisively. He showed an aptitude for the mysteries designed to combat the enemies of the Light as well as his expected aptitude for the healing arts.

His quick and ready command of the mysteries of the Light brought him to the attention of more prominent priests. They grew concerned that this young scion of the Church was too readily gaining the abilities that should take more effort to learn. They began subjecting him to trials and tests of his faith trying to expose any faults or deceptions within the young man. Gregory withstood these trials with a calm acceptance and soon came to the attention of even more prominent members of the church hierarchy. With so many factions of the church watching him, Gregory retreated into the libraries and infirmaries of the church grounds taking pains to avoid offending any of his superiors.

Unfortunately so gifted a young man could not remain uncommitted in the eyes of his superiors, so Gregory was forced to choose an order to affiliate himself with. Being of a studious bent and as it was the Order most familiar to him, Gregory chose to enter the Society of Truth and Justice. When a new mission to ferret out enemies of the Church arose, Gregory was quick to volunteer to be a part of it. Although he was merely adequate in the martial practices of the Church, he knew his talents and knowledge would find use in such an endeavor and wished to be on the scene if something new were to be discovered.

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Dracomeander you might want to check the magic item restrictions, effectively we have none.
(Although Im still waiting on Continual Flame ruling.)

Dracomeander

First Post
EvilHalfling, I'm familiar with the cost restrictions of magic in the Four Lands. I think you are shorting yourself in your starting equipment. We get starting money in gold to create the characters. Magic costs are in gold and mundane costs are in silver. Once the game starts, we spend and receive money on the world's silver standard.

I just read through the thread, and we are allowed to spend on acceptable items. I do not think I overextended my spending for an enhancement to Gregory's armor. If I have I'm sure JA will correct me.

J. Alexander

First Post
Comments

Evilhalfling
Sorry missed the question about continual flame..what did you want to know?

Armor /weapons in general
Weapons and armor are perhaps the augmented items found in the four lands...and made by master craftsman whoe has in effect taken craft arm and armor/magic but is thru spells and forging techniques.........so the church cant get them...basically repressed magical ability

Remove ads