• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Divine Power Source

beej

Explorer
I have noticed that clerics have a decent amount of blast/burst effects. In general, they differ with the arcane power source in that you can choose to affect just the enemies in the burst, rather than each creature.

eleventh

First Post
I have noticed that clerics have a decent amount of blast/burst effects. In general, they differ with the arcane power source in that you can choose to affect just the enemies in the burst, rather than each creature.
Nice catch. I've noticed this as well, but hadn't made the connection to this topic. Thanks!

Ibixat

First Post
I'd be interested in seeing how a Divine Striker is done. Warlocks Curse, Rouges Sneak attack, rangers quarry, so a divine striker.. hmm maybe they could have various consecrations or some such, first time you hit a target you set up some type of energy connection to them, and every time after that when you hit them you can do some type of escalating damage, first time you hit you set it up, second hit it does +2 damage, then third hit does +3 damage fourth and beyond +4 damage, ramp up to 4 6 8 and 6 9 12 at 11 and 21. Hmm I actually kinda like that idea. Some feat could just boost it by +1 per tier, etc. Maybe return the same number of temp hit points that you just inflicted as the consecration damage etc.

Remove ads