• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Divine Ranks for Monstrous Deities

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
tRANIS said:
Yes Jazirian should be very tough certainly over 20, which also means that ol Ahriman is just as bad, but sleeping.

Not sleeping; injured.

I found a conversion that someone did somewhere where Jaziran and Ahriman were like 50HD (memeory escapes me). Anyway I will find that thing and post it up here.
For my actually cosmology, my game uses that Guide to Hell creation story. SInce Asmodeus is Ahriman , if i remember they never mention if or who the avatar of Jaziran is? Any ideas on that as a side note?

Jazirian isn't injured like Ahriman is. Whereas Ahriman pretends to be a near-god at best, in his guise as Asmodeus, Jazirian pretends to be "merely" a greater deity, and acts like one with regards to avatars, etc (which means he must have some other deity granting spells for him).

Last edited:

Krishnath

First Post
Don't give up. The fun is just starting.

If we ignore Alzruis and his counterpart for the time being, and concentrate on the others for a while, we should gain the experience necessary to do those two.

That being said:

Io - 19
Titania - 18
Queen of Air and Darkness - 18
Oberon - 15
Annam - 19
Stronmaus - 18
Hiatea - 17
Great Mother - 18 (although according to I, Tyrant she is so alien that not even her own offspring understands her.)
Ilsenine - 18
Shekinester - 18

Later,

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Well, if you insist. :) and a gods-conversion project would be a whole hell of a lot more feasible with you back around. :D

To keep it straight, I’m just focusing on the Greater powers at the moment (Queen of A & D and Oberon were Intermediate powers, last I looked).

Looks like your thoughts were going along pretty similar to what I was thinking.

Adding my earlier suggestion of Maglubiyet at 16 (also from the conversion we did a couple of years ago) that gets most of them.

Jazirian – at the moment, I’m not entertaining any ideas other than keeping him at the same level he was in Monster Mythology. An Overpower probably doesn’t even have stats which can be rated in normal D&D terms, so if you want to make him an Overpower in your campaign just ignore what we set him at here. :) so then what DR would make sense for him given what Krishnath posted above?

Elder Elemental God – I’m not sure where to go with this guy, or if I should even bother with it.

Krishnath

First Post
Well, regarding the Queen of Air and Darkness. If the Fey Feature (that was on WotC site last year) is to be belived she is equal in power to Titania now, and she rules the Unseelie with an iron fist (which quietly sits, inside a velvet glove) (Ooh, Megadeth reference, name that song!).

As for the Elder Elemental God, he can wait.

The one I am most interrested in is io, but that shouldn't surprise anyone...

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Krishnath said:
Well, regarding the Queen of Air and Darkness. If the Fey Feature (that was on WotC site last year) is to be belived she is equal in power to Titania now, and she rules the Unseelie with an iron fist (which quietly sits, inside a velvet glove) (Ooh, Megadeth reference, name that song!).

I’m a bit uncomfortable with assigning her equal ranks as Titania. The most I would fit her with would be 16. did that feature suggest she is a Greater power now or merely that she is more powerful?

Krishnath said:
The one I am most interrested in is io, but that shouldn't surprise anyone...

I don’t imagine it should. ;)

Thoughts on Jazirian’s DR?

Krishnath

First Post
BOZ said:
I’m a bit uncomfortable with assigning her equal ranks as Titania. The most I would fit her with would be 16. did that feature suggest she is a Greater power now or merely that she is more powerful?

It just mentioned that they where equal in power, it never mentioned Divine Ranks.

BOZ said:
I don’t imagine it should. ;)

Lol.

BOZ said:
Thoughts on Jazirian’s DR?

Yes, but you wouldn't like the answer...

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
i should have trusted you. ;) well, if he *has* to be an Overpower i'm simply going to skip him - i'm not dealing with anything greater than a Greater power. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads