D&D General DIY xps foam terrain. Videos? Pics? Advice?

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Yep, got my box of "random crap" started
269906492_769296794466004_6863946345105841594_n.jpg

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Any tips on how to apply sealant to xps foam? Specifically, Krylon Matte Finish.

I keep melting the piece when I apply it
View attachment 148949View attachment 148950

Honestly, I have not sealed anything even though I bought some sealant, for this reason, and for the reason that I don't trust myself to give it an even coat. I just figure this stuff is so cheap to make I think of any one piece as disposable and easily replaceable.

pogre

Legend
Any tips on how to apply sealant to xps foam? Specifically, Krylon Matte Finish.

I keep melting the piece when I apply it
View attachment 148949View attachment 148950
The key is to move back further so the sealant is almost dry when it hits the foam. Alternatively, you could use sealers designed for foam - like the Army Painter version. Or do what I do - coat it in PVA glue thinned with water.

Although not required by a long stretch, I do like my foam cutter table and tools.

Check out my thread Pogre's 2022 Model Thread to see my latest foam terrain project.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
If you do Facebook - and I totally get it if you do not - I only use it for gaming stuff. There is a great group called Foam Modelling Workshop. A lot of amazing stuff show cased there.
I don't really do FB, but I have one I mostly ignore. Maybe I will look into this group.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases